1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1998 Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Sort Reviews by

1998 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro
By z28you

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1998 Z28 in 2012, it had 120,000 miles on the clock, first impression was "I like the power!" Had to replace warped rotors/new pads/front wheel bearings/steering knuckle/tie-rods. The prior owner had taken relativity good care of her, average wear and tear for a 15 year old car @ the time. Leather seats are comfortable, even on trips/daily driver. Gas MPG very good for 2014 (considering it's a V8) even 20+ hwy- 17+ city driving. One of the best Camaro Z28's GM Chevrolet has ever produced! IMO. My old Z28 was a -1986 Z28 IROC-Z- 305 T.P.I., this 1998 Z28 350 M.P.F.I would suck the windshield out of my old IROC-Z...very e-Zilly =) Find a maintained one, you'll thank me.

Favorite Features

LS1 with the T56 Manual 6 speed with T-Tops is the only way to go with this car. You feel like a pilot ready to blast off, the car's interior is like a cockpit- some people complain, but I like it-I can reach everything easily, seats are electric (so are the mirrors + door locks+ windows) and adjustable-leather seats are comfortable and support you well. No nav/tv screens but, dual lighter sockets, good cupholders, ashtray in a decent spot and a fully down folding rear seat back keeps this Z pretty and functional to boot! Good cargo space. If you want luxury and accoutrements than this is NOT your car, if you want a sleek, reliable, FAST car that will hold it's own, even today, buy it!

Suggested Improvements

Not too many I can think of besides the "bump" in the front passenger floor. A lot of cheaper plastic parts (easily cracked/breakable interior parts) these could have been made a little stronger/thicker, but I guess it saves weight. Yeah that's about it.

Z28
By ep

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Have 133,000 miles on it. I have owned this car since it had 55,000 miles on it. So far I have had to replace the fuel pump - twice, power steering pump, catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, and clutch. Right now the car is at the shop because it turned off on me suddenly on the freeway. The mechanic shop does not know what it wrong with it yet and has already racked a $1200 bill with the problem yet to be determined. If you want a reliable car stay away from this one. The acceleration might be OK, but in the long run, it's not worth the price.

Favorite Features

The overdrive 6th gear that gets me about 27 mpg on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, interior comfort.