1997 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: The Best

1997 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

The Best
By ann haley on

1997 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Exceptional handling due to limited slip differential and performance handling pkg. Effortless to drive and shift. Power was always there when I needed it. The absolute best driving experience I have ever had. Couldn't help but smile every time she took a curve; the control you could always count on. Love the look of the 97. Problems - leaky transmission seal-GM Fixed. Spark plug wires - I fixed before the notice from GM regarding the problem. Transmission noise at around 50,000+ miles which the warranty should have covered but Wyler's warranty would not due to dispute between dealer that fixed problem and Wyler's warranty - I had to pay. Still, I adore that car! Hands down - the best!

Limited slip differential. I travelled through ice and snow - no problem. T-Tops; nothing like a sunny day and the T's off. Position of the drivers seat - just low enough that your hand perfectly extended to the gear shift. The feeling of being in a jet fighter cockpit. Perfection in motion.

None. I love everyting about this car just the way she is.