1997 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun Car to Drive
By Zipponator on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

I have an RS 6 cylinder model Camaro. The car is very fun to drive and has plenty of power for a V6. I would recomend this car to many people, except for people who might have a tough time gettin into and out of a regular car. Camaro's, and it's sister car the Firebird, are not real easy to get into or out of. I would say that is its only real draw back. The only other real draw back would be the fuel economy from the V6 model. My Camaro gets around 18 mpg in a combination of street and highway driving. That is any where from 5 to 10 mpg less than I thought I would get. Other than those two liitle items, I really love my convertible camaro.

Racing machine
By Hector on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This car has it all. Looks and HP's Fun to drive with a few modifications to the engine and it runs like a devil not to mention that it turns heads.

97 z28 camaro
By on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice car for 285 horsepower 0-60 5.7 sec 1/4 mile 14.0 sec

MAD CAR OF THE YEAR
By fredyjnrt on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

This car is cheap and super strong and has guts.

Awesome
By Crystal Clear on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

I haven't had any problems out of my camaro at all. It has been an excellent vehicle. It is very sporty and fun to drive. It's pretty good on gas too. It's been a reliable car. I wouldn't own anything but a Chevy after owning this particular vehicle. I am totally satisfied with my purchase. Thanks

love my camaro
By kulick on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

Great car for 1 person family. Even my dog is cramped in the back seat. Its fun to drive and with the bad drivers around here, makes me feel a lot safer.

I like it A LOT!
By This is ME on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

I am 17 years old. I Have always liked the 3rd Generation bady style, I think the 98's and above are not really very appealing at all that is why i went with the 30th anniversary 1977 edition. It is Metallic silve. A V6 3.8 i love it. 5 speed manuel

Love my Camaro
By Bryan M on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Both my friend and I bought 1997 Camaros and we both had the same problem. The windsheild wipers do not park at certain temperatures. This is the only problem and one that I chose to ignore.

3 camaros no complaints
By yoyo on 03/15/02 21:09 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

A 97 SS is my third Camaro. I used to be a mustang man, but know I am a bow tie guy till the day I die. I have logged 130,000miles on Camaros and have only had to replace an electric window switch. The reason I am on my third is horse power. I started with a V-6. then traded to an LT1 and finally to an LT1 SS. I like to work on cars, even computer controled fuel injected models. The Camaros have been a dissapointment as they have loads of power and have been totally reliable. I have never had the need to crack open a motor or mess with a chasis. I'll have to keep my current Camaro forever because I certainly can't afford a Vette.

Great performance per dollar
By DocWagon on 03/13/02 21:39 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

The six speed manual makes this car a balst to drive, and for the money nothing out performs the Z28. This is my third Camaro, and the first 4th generation F-body. This model year handles better, accelerates faster, and still manages about 28mpg on interstate cruises. 4 wheel disc gives excellent predictable braking. Electronic traction control provides better driveability in poor weather than previous models, but still not a great car for inclement weather.