1997 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Impressed!
By Karma on 03/18/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Not the most comfortable car. Definitely not for long road trips. Overall it's great car. We bought it from a college student who didn't know what he had. We took her in and have begun restoration. With an all new cooling system in place this car drives like an all american muscle car should. It has a growl all it's own. Clutch is a little far for someone in short stature (I'm 5'8") but it is worth the thrill.

I will never sell my Camaro SS
By hcjmoose on 09/02/07 20:00 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

This car is a beast. I swear I have never gotten tired in 7 years driving this car. Pure power car with great handling. I get nothing but compliments on my car. I you are looking for a sporty powerful ride get a 97 SS! Even the factory options are great. Only thing I added was new Flowmaster to make it sound a little meaner and a performance chip to give it a little kick.

The Great Z
By Leomar Cruz on 04/22/07 20:07 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Bought my Z-28 with 80,000 miles on it and it still runs strong at 131,059 miles. Hands down one of the most realiable cars out there if you can take care of it. The most bang for your buck sports car out there. Beatiful styling, amazing torque, and good handling. Camaro will always have a spotlight in a world where performance it now a demand.

Closet thing to a Corvette
By Mr. Hamm on 04/14/07 20:30 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my second Camaro. My first was a 1996 V6. Always wanted a Z28 every since I drove my friends '94. Don't let the age of these cars fool you, because the Z28's are still one of the meanest cars on the road. I still get the adrenaline rush everytime I floor it. If you're looking for an everyday driver, then you might want to buy an Accord or Camry. If you're looking for horsepower and speed, then this is the car for you. Glad to hear that GM will be bringing the Camaro back in 2009. Wish it was sooner.

The Best
By ann haley on 03/30/06 05:10 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Exceptional handling due to limited slip differential and performance handling pkg. Effortless to drive and shift. Power was always there when I needed it. The absolute best driving experience I have ever had. Couldn't help but smile every time she took a curve; the control you could always count on. Love the look of the 97. Problems - leaky transmission seal-GM Fixed. Spark plug wires - I fixed before the notice from GM regarding the problem. Transmission noise at around 50,000+ miles which the warranty should have covered but Wyler's warranty would not due to dispute between dealer that fixed problem and Wyler's warranty - I had to pay. Still, I adore that car! Hands down - the best!

Great Car
By Ron on 03/25/06 14:18 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

The 1997 Camaro RS is a very reliable car. I've had no problems mechanically or cosmetically. All it takes is some great care to keep any car in great shape. Definitely recommend this Camaro.

Do not recommend a GM V6!
By Bob on 02/08/06 22:32 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

The car has no mechanical problems (thank god), but the comfort on the car is real bad. I can feel every small bump on the road and really hard to get off most of the times. The stereo system is nothing to talk about. The car is not a good driver on rain, the brakes lock up all the time. The interior is really not very good quality. The clutch pedal is far to reach, and I am 5foot7. I do not recommend this car to anybody, an automatic would be much better.

97 SS
By Carlton on 06/29/05 02:21 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

Its garage mate is a 2003 Quick Silver Z06. The SS is probably the more fun to drive. It is pure seat of the pants driving where the Z06 is power and technology. It is as much fun today as it was driving it off the showroom floor. Additions/changes include Goodyear F1 GSD3s, shock tower brace, subframe connectors, underdrive pulley, K&N air filter, etc.

Never get tired of driving it
By Bryan Mills on 05/18/05 17:13 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

If you don't like a sports car, don't get this car. You will hate it due to the low ride and poor visibility compared to a commuter car. I ordered my car from dealer new because I wanted all options except for T-tops (no truck room due to holders), chrome wheels (trows weights with hard driving) and upgraded stereo (put in aftermarket unit). Almost all dealer ordered cars have T-tops. My roomate bought the exact same car but he went with the V8. So I can also rate his as well. Mine now has 35,000 miles, his has 145,000. I drive this car real hard on occasion. Roomate babies his ride. Both cars are driven in NH winters with no traction problems thanks to the limited slip differential.

Wow
By charles on 04/22/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

This was my first car and I have to say that it was an excellent choice. I picked my slightly used 1997 Camaro RS for $10,000 with low mileage. And I have to say it has been amazing. I have never had it break down, it is very fast, and very eye catching. I have people telling me how beautiful my car is and they love the color, and the way it looks. The interior is not that bad, when you do some work to it its amazing. The AC control knobs happen to be clear underneath so you can take off the grey housing and the knobs will be clear, also just about all the accents can be taken off and painted to match the color of the car. Leather is a must for this car though.