1997 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
My son's first car -- I'm not crazy
By Hawaiidad on 07/28/08 00:16 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought it for my 17 year old, he loves it, his friends think I rock. They all drive foreign econoboxes or mom's hand-me-down. He now loves classic American sports cars. V6/auto, 29mpg, and insurance only went up $31/month. I had to replace water pump ($47) and front turn signal lens after shopping cart hit it -- parts easy and cheap online. What other 10-year old car can you buy for a teenager that he wouldn't trade for anything except a Vette?

Great Car
By Ron on 03/25/06 14:18 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

The 1997 Camaro RS is a very reliable car. I've had no problems mechanically or cosmetically. All it takes is some great care to keep any car in great shape. Definitely recommend this Camaro.

Do not recommend a GM V6!
By Bob on 02/08/06 22:32 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

The car has no mechanical problems (thank god), but the comfort on the car is real bad. I can feel every small bump on the road and really hard to get off most of the times. The stereo system is nothing to talk about. The car is not a good driver on rain, the brakes lock up all the time. The interior is really not very good quality. The clutch pedal is far to reach, and I am 5foot7. I do not recommend this car to anybody, an automatic would be much better.

Wow
By charles on 04/22/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

This was my first car and I have to say that it was an excellent choice. I picked my slightly used 1997 Camaro RS for $10,000 with low mileage. And I have to say it has been amazing. I have never had it break down, it is very fast, and very eye catching. I have people telling me how beautiful my car is and they love the color, and the way it looks. The interior is not that bad, when you do some work to it its amazing. The AC control knobs happen to be clear underneath so you can take off the grey housing and the knobs will be clear, also just about all the accents can be taken off and painted to match the color of the car. Leather is a must for this car though.

love my camaro
By kulick on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

Great car for 1 person family. Even my dog is cramped in the back seat. Its fun to drive and with the bad drivers around here, makes me feel a lot safer.