1997 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
1997 Camaro Z28 30th anniversary (z4c)
By racerbane09 on 10/01/12 20:21 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

i was searching on craigslist for a t-top z28, 93-97 body style since imo looks the meanest of all the camaros. when i ran into a white with hugger orange stripes z28 coupe. i checked it out in person and i was stunned at how cool it looked! ....tho its an old car, i have had plenty of people old and young tell me how cool my car is. tho the best complement was indirect by a kid, "cool mom look i want a car like that". .. performance wise car deff puts me back in my seat the auto is very responsive and car is just a head turner even with the imperfect paint and stripes. bought for 5400 and has been an awsome purchase so far only problems besides cosmetics are a bad radiator cap, later radi

These 5.7's are monsters.
By The Z28 Guy on 11/25/09 17:59 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Simply an awesome car. The 5.7's are torque monsters and are very fast for a 1997 muscle car. LT1's have more torque as compared to the LS1's higher top end, but if you ask me, I'de take torque over top end any day. Replaced water pump, optispark, and starter which is completely understandable. Put on aftermarket cold air intake, throttle body, headers and exhaust which unleashed the true beast under the hood. After putting on bolt on's I began using Castrol EDGE and it went from 288 HP to 318 HP on the dyno. If you want to help the 5.7 breath better and reach it's full potential than it is a must to put on a top of the line cold air and exhaust. Find one that is well maintained and buy it!

Impressed!
By Karma on 03/18/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Not the most comfortable car. Definitely not for long road trips. Overall it's great car. We bought it from a college student who didn't know what he had. We took her in and have begun restoration. With an all new cooling system in place this car drives like an all american muscle car should. It has a growl all it's own. Clutch is a little far for someone in short stature (I'm 5'8") but it is worth the thrill.

Closet thing to a Corvette
By Mr. Hamm on 04/14/07 20:30 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my second Camaro. My first was a 1996 V6. Always wanted a Z28 every since I drove my friends '94. Don't let the age of these cars fool you, because the Z28's are still one of the meanest cars on the road. I still get the adrenaline rush everytime I floor it. If you're looking for an everyday driver, then you might want to buy an Accord or Camry. If you're looking for horsepower and speed, then this is the car for you. Glad to hear that GM will be bringing the Camaro back in 2009. Wish it was sooner.

Camaro Z-28
By mandoz28 on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

by far the best car on the road. hands down, no questions, period

Hell of a first car
By Metlhed1386 on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and I'm lovin it. Not only does it look good but it goes good too. Theres nothin like cruising with T-tops

This car is great
By aSH Housewares on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my third and greatest Camaro I have owned. It has a shark-like aerodynamic body and torquey motor underthe hood. It is a superior car as a daily driver and it does me good at the track every once in awhile.

1996 Camaro Z28/LT1/6 Speed
By Aaron McIntosh on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Though i find the vehicle very fun to drive...the fuel economy is bad, it might have been a better car if the dealership had told me it was in 5 accidents before with over $30,000 dammage plus it was once stolen. And I paid $15,045 Canadian for it and it still goes like hell the only time I see a 5.0L is in the mirror. Although I am trying to bring this car back to the dealer (myself and my lawyer) I will deffinetly buy another.P.S. DON'T EVER BUY A CAR FORM REG MIDGLEY MOTORS IN COLVILLE BRITISH COLUMBIA.

Last of the Beasts
By Normy on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Beatiful sleek styling....immense torque, good handling. A true high-tech muscle car..comfortable, reliable...alot of bang for the buck. Long live the F-body !

Racing machine
By Hector on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This car has it all. Looks and HP's Fun to drive with a few modifications to the engine and it runs like a devil not to mention that it turns heads.