Still my girl
By J-Man on
1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe
My mother bought this 1996 used white 3800 V6 model w/4-speed auto and ABS in 1998, and then gave it to me when I graduated high school in 2000. Since then, I've been taking it all over the NY-NJ region, customizing it with high performance exhaust, lighting, and intake mods. It now has "only" 76,000 miles, and with a little TLC and regular maintenance still runs with the best of them, and definitely gets looks from guys and girls of all ages. Also my girl's favorite of the 3 cars I owned concurrently over the past 3 yrs, so that counts for something.
Favorite Features
2nd gear start for the automatic was a smart option, which I fortunately have on mine, and utilize in foul rain or snow conditions. Great exterior styling overall, commands respect from afar. Definitely intimidating to others, which I love, and you can't tell unless you're Chevy educated whether it's the 6 or the 8.
Suggested Improvements
Not really a fair point on which to gripe, seeing how this was the poor man's Corvette. V6s came with a basic exhaust that had to go, and poor driving lights that I swapped. I kept the 16's out of practicality, not preference.