Can't say goodbye yet!
By Equine on
1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe
Bought this beautiful dark green/beige interior Camaro new in 1996. Yes, that was 12 years ago! Only 116,000 miles on it and engine/transmission still going strong with never a breakdown. Since it was garaged at home, the paint looks brand new. Original plug wires were recalled about 2002 in the same week it acted up. No mechanical repairs-only tow different leaks and normal wear and tear parts. Only thing I am unhappy with is an oil leak that started by the 3rd year and was never fixed. (Got tired of going to the dealership-not where I bought this car). Even though I am now car shopping--I still have no plans to sell it. Plan to have it worked on /updated etc and just be my "play car".
Favorite Features
Exterior and interior design, Great pick up for a V6, Surprising hauling/cargo capacity with back seat down, factory stereo system that still sounded great 90% of the time until a repair shop(someone backed into it in a parking lot)ruined it last yr-probably while water testing that area for leaks.
Suggested Improvements
Better oil seals, Better headlights for night driving since sitting low, you are right at other cars' headlight level, especially with so many suvs out there.