1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Awesome Car!
By Red Storm on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I love my Camaro RS, its so much fun to drive for a V6!

Near Flawless
By Thebeast431 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I read the other reviews about buy a Mustang, Viper, etc. Who want 70hp less for more money in the Mustang, and want to pay 7 time more for a Viper? My Z28 has been great to me. I have had it for 2 years and 25k miles. Replaced waterpump and power steering pump, and thats all. My other problems were related to instlling of my headers, ie. burnt plug wires. Fun to drive, eventhough its an auto, leather interior is very comfortable. I don't know what the other reviewers were talking about bad interior and uncomfortable, they must of had cloth. T-tops do not leak and aftermarket exhaust is a must.

Bat out of Hell...whos too sick to fly
By MarioZ on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1994 Z28 with 27K miles on it. The car has got to be hands down, the most fun you can get for 8K. But man, the repairs on these cars are KILLER! I had a distributor go bad in this car and it was over 1000 dollars to fix ( part was 640 and labor 440). Then the starter..( another 520 with diagnostic), then the water pump ( 640 dollars), then the intake manifold gasket ( 300)...This car will eat you alive financially..but whne it runs..its the most fun you can have by any means. If you plan on buying one, you are rolling the dice. Its a thrill to drive ( and gamble) but theres a good possibility it will cost you thousands over the life of the car.

1996 CAMERO
By Edward Kynock on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Camero is a great muscle car.I find it fast,dependable and fun o drive.Sad to see it go!!!!

It's worth it
By Andee on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I just purchased a used 96 RS model, I am a young guy, I am 20.I look young also,hence, the cops here are all over me.I've been pulled over in my RED camaro about 5 times in the last 3 months.Most of the times for no reason at all, or they would give some lame excuse.This car gets attention !! I believe its worth it though, it handles great,it is fast,and i get a lot of compliments on it

Sorry Bro
By super slick on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

don't get me wrong, i think the car is pretty fast. the exterior is ok but the interior is horrible. not too many mechanical flaws but it shakes a bit during cold weather start ups.

think about it
By Fox Hunter on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

fun to drop the foot but all around this car is making me tiresome. pretty slick sitting inside but its not comfortable. you sit on the ground and the seats tire you on long rides. one stupid place to put a cat on the floor. becoming a boring body style. new style looks better. after only 78K miles i have dealt with a water pump break opti- spark and starter problem. don't forget how ingenius it was to put the opti- spark under the water pump. car is on sale and i'm looking to see how comfortable the newer z's might be. also looking towards ford to see the mustangs, can be fast too. i hear they are a better fit. camaros are fast but nothing else

5 LITRE EATER
By BRANDON on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I BOUGHT THE CAR WITH 117,000 MILES ON IT, HAVE REPLACED OPTISPARK, COIL, AND OTHER IGNITION COMPONENTS. IT EXPENSIVE TO MAINTIAN, HOWEVER WHEN RUNNING 100%, SMOKES NEW 02 GT MUSTANGS LIKE ITS GOING OUT OF STYLE.13.87 AT 102.3 TRAP, STOCK WITH BRAND NEW STICKY TIRES. THE LT-1 HAS A AWESOME POWERBAND, WITH 123,000 MILES HAD A COMPESSION TEST DONE RUNS 122-137 PSI PER CYLINDER, ANYTHING OVER 100PSI IS GOOD COMPRESSION. THE MOTORS ARE BULLITPROOF AND WILL LAST OVE 200K IF TAKEN CARE OF. JUST BE READY FOR SOME ELETRICAL PROBLEMS.

Excellent Car
By Tara on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

It's been great.

Bang for the Buck
By JCC on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

A car you can drive everyday to work and still run a 13.8 with just an intake and exhaust with an A4 transmission. It looks mean and still turns heads, its 6years old now.