Used 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My First Muscle Car
By droberts

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my first V-8... I've owned a Honda Accord, Acura Integra, and Infinti I30t... I was ready to try something radically different. The Camaro has been very fun.. I love the Power and the T-Tops. Doesn't have the build quality of the other cars I've owned, but my other cars a lot more $$$ to buy. This car makes lots of odd noises... but if you push the gas pedal the cool sound of the V-8 drowns out all the other noises. I've had one consistent problem with the car, which the dealer and other mechanics have been unable to resolve... the power is uneven on light engine load conditions... If It weren't for this problem I'd probably be in love with this car.

Favorite Features

Exterior Design, Power, Affordable Price, T-Tops, Handling, Suprisingly Good Traction in Rain.

Suggested Improvements

Build Quality, Squeaks, rattles, poor quality parts

my z28
By Beave2780

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I bought my z28 four years ago after selling my 1988 iroc-z. The performance gains from the z28 and the iroc is unbelievable. Low 13 teens in 1/4 mile with mods (borla catback,K&n intake,3.73 gears). I love my car but now i want a SS.

Favorite Features

bose stereo sytem rocks. Traction Control. Lots of parts on the market for upgrades.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes seem to wear untill i swaped the stock rotors with slotted. Emission hose keeps burning up.

Love the car!
By AmBeR

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

A 1996 Z28 Hatchback Camaro is a great car! The car hugs the curves so your back end doesn't drift. It just really makes you feel like you're in control.

Favorite Features

One of my moost favorite features....when you let off of the gas, the car automatically slows down.

Suggested Improvements

The car is perfect to me, but it's kinda hard not to be perfect of you're a Chevy!

EXCELLENT CAR, GREAT PERFORMANCE
By Loogie

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I love my 96 Z28, no problems at all. Extremely fun to drive, very fast!! Mustangs don't stand a chance. Great performance for the price. Comfortable interior/leather bucket seats.

Favorite Features

T-Tops, blazing speed, breaking under 13 in 1/4 mile with very few mod

Suggested Improvements

17" wheels, make engine easier to work on.

Near Flawless
By Thebeast431

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I read the other reviews about buy a Mustang, Viper, etc. Who want 70hp less for more money in the Mustang, and want to pay 7 time more for a Viper? My Z28 has been great to me. I have had it for 2 years and 25k miles. Replaced waterpump and power steering pump, and thats all. My other problems were related to instlling of my headers, ie. burnt plug wires. Fun to drive, eventhough its an auto, leather interior is very comfortable. I don't know what the other reviewers were talking about bad interior and uncomfortable, they must of had cloth. T-tops do not leak and aftermarket exhaust is a must.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, stopping ability, leather interior, awesome stock performance, great performance for little money, Bose radio system

Suggested Improvements

More than one cupholder, but then again, its a sportscar, not supposed to have any to begin with.