Used 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My Baby!!!
By Hoffy1209

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought her almost 5 years ago and she has been nothing but a blessing. I purchased my Camaro, after having a mechanic look at it, just to be sure, with 43,000 miles on the odometer. I changed the tires recently after my purchase, and bought a new battery. My Camaro is a Florida car so it had no rust underneath. My only major replacement on this car was a wheel sensor mod that went bad after 51,000 miles. I have no other problems to list, minor or major. I have really enjoyed my Camaro. It is by far one of the best cars ever built. It was genius that GM finally decided to put the 3.8 engines in the Camaro, which was in '96. The 3800 series engine is GM's best engine ever built.

I love the overall appearance of the vehicle. It definitely gets attention, mostly wanted attention. I love the 3.8 engine, I love the Bose sound system. Does not need to be modded up, looks fine just as it is.

Dual exhausts on the V-6's, 17 rims, just minor silly things. Overall a wonderful vehicle. It broke my heart when I heard that they were going to stop making them. I am holding onto mine!

1996 chevy camaro V6
By bergman

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

Good overall car. I have owned it for about 2 and 1/2 years, and only had one major problem. The slave cylinder in the transmission and clutch went out at out 90,000 miles.

Powerful V6. can get going

I and others have had a little problems with the transmission

Camaro, Ya gotta get one
By Z Camaro Man

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is the best car ive ever owned. Everywhere i go i turn heads, and the car is already 5 years old. the ttops are awsome to take off in the summer, and the car will get the ladies;)trust me. By far the best car in the world for the money

THE POWER, awsome looks, and hella sweet interior

none, i love the car, its pretty much perfect

Good with the bad
By J,MD

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

Last year my wife and I found a used 1996 base model with a V-6. Often we take it down to our parents home in south Florida. In the past three months repairs have started popping up like crazy. Voltage regulator 350 Low beams went out 60 Serpintine belt and the waterpump quit 250 Two weeks ago the fuelpump's check valve failed. The fuel module which includes the pump, sending unit, and check valve. Translated-Chevy charges 406 for the part alone, and by the way the new Camaro has the fuel pump INSIDE the fuel tank. That was 4.9 hours in labor. 847 Done by Chevy with a lifetime warranty.

Excepuatly fast 3800 series II V-6, sleek body style, and an exillirating driving experience no matter if it is short distnace or long road trip

upgrade of known-to-wear parts. (i.e. Rear Main Seal- higher qualtiy seal or strengthen the design)If a car is infamous for wearing a part early than the part should be addressed on the engineer drawing board.

V6 5spd
By georgia boy

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is truly a great car. It's fun to drive, looks great, gets great mileage, and never breaks. My wife and I have put 35k on it without ever having to repair anything other than a pulley. We need a four-door, and I hope whatever I get is as reliable as this has been.

Great preformance with good mileage (21+ around town) Easy to get into traffic.

Could be easier to see the road while driving.

• SUV