Used 1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS Coupe Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Restored projct
By Ice

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

Well I bought this car broken... i mean everything needed replaced. 1996 Camaro Base. Restored RS upgrade project. Even with the head gasket blown (and may others out there with the same problem) wheel bearings and brakes shot and stock exhaust old suspension, the car was still handling and driving really well. I always wanted a camaro... spend more time working on it then driving it tho. I've rebuilt the entire car inside and out. without getting into detail the car is not what was bought.. a full restore and upgrade intoa racing package. This camaro is really nice. the longevity of the interior is horrid. after an abusive first 100k family owned car and a couple dogs it wore out fast.. same issue with a hot roding driver, driving a v6 like its a tuned drift machine destroyed he running gear and blew the motor. V6 is a poor mans version of the v8 buying the car more for the looks then the power. i only bought casue it had 99k on it for 1000 bucks and still ran.... Anyway I always wanted a camaro and although i spend more time working on it then driving it. I can't say much for the gas milage as i have a new motor and its going to be crap and fluctuate for a while until it breaks in i been ranging from 15-40 mpg, also i think its definitely not the best camaro body style out there but i love the drive and feel of the car.

My baby
By cobraswa818

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I love my camaro ! 220,000 mile and its in hirrble conditions. Tell you the truth? dont buy this car if you want to spen money. Parts are expencive and gas sucks. Why do i still own it? because i love my camaro and i will own it and put more money then its worth because to me its worth so much more then any thing else.

old reliable
By al's camaro

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new and still drive it everyday. The car has had no major mechanical repairs to it in all these years. I had to change an alternator once, and fixed the electric windows twice. That is it! It now has 158,000 miles on it. I will never sell my baby and will drive it for many years to come. If you are going to buy one, get one from an adult owner like myself who maintained the car. Kids just beat on them.

Reliability. I could drive this car cross country tomorrow and not have a care in the world.

n/a

its the best of Chevy cars!
By jerry

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

i had a camaro 1983, love it, and after got a thunderbird, and a chevy lumina, great cars chevy, other not that much, and then i want another camaro again, and its the best, great driving experience, power on v-6, fuel economy, t-tops, great design, great for my two kids, they are comfortable in the small back space.

t-tops, v-6 power and fuel economy, exterior design, features, interior space, love all

the camaro doesn't need anything

Really nice car, but has problems...
By cabe7

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I got my camaro as my first car about and a half years ago... The previous owner didn't take care of the car, which caused problems for me. There was a lot of things that needed to be replaced, AC, Transmission, 02 sensors, water pump, and the egr valve. I was able to drive the car for a year without problems. However, when I started college, I was driving 30 miles to and from school everyday. That's when the car started to give me problems. The car overheated 4 times within 2 months, and each time it was something different that caused it. Replaced the thermostat, hose and radiator. Other minuscule things like leaky t-tops and broken console henge. The car has some design flaws.

T-top, power, and the appearance is just great.

this model was expensive and hard to work on. Hopefully the 09 camaro will be more refined...