Used 1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My baby
By cobraswa818

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I love my camaro ! 220,000 mile and its in hirrble conditions. Tell you the truth? dont buy this car if you want to spen money. Parts are expencive and gas sucks. Why do i still own it? because i love my camaro and i will own it and put more money then its worth because to me its worth so much more then any thing else.

old reliable
By al's camaro

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new and still drive it everyday. The car has had no major mechanical repairs to it in all these years. I had to change an alternator once, and fixed the electric windows twice. That is it! It now has 158,000 miles on it. I will never sell my baby and will drive it for many years to come. If you are going to buy one, get one from an adult owner like myself who maintained the car. Kids just beat on them.

Favorite Features

Reliability. I could drive this car cross country tomorrow and not have a care in the world.

Suggested Improvements

n/a

its the best of Chevy cars!
By jerry

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

i had a camaro 1983, love it, and after got a thunderbird, and a chevy lumina, great cars chevy, other not that much, and then i want another camaro again, and its the best, great driving experience, power on v-6, fuel economy, t-tops, great design, great for my two kids, they are comfortable in the small back space.

Favorite Features

t-tops, v-6 power and fuel economy, exterior design, features, interior space, love all

Suggested Improvements

the camaro doesn't need anything

Really nice car, but has problems...
By cabe7

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I got my camaro as my first car about and a half years ago... The previous owner didn't take care of the car, which caused problems for me. There was a lot of things that needed to be replaced, AC, Transmission, 02 sensors, water pump, and the egr valve. I was able to drive the car for a year without problems. However, when I started college, I was driving 30 miles to and from school everyday. That's when the car started to give me problems. The car overheated 4 times within 2 months, and each time it was something different that caused it. Replaced the thermostat, hose and radiator. Other minuscule things like leaky t-tops and broken console henge. The car has some design flaws.

Favorite Features

T-top, power, and the appearance is just great.

Suggested Improvements

this model was expensive and hard to work on. Hopefully the 09 camaro will be more refined...

Still Crusin'
By Kman

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used in 2000. The BOSE was blown but a new custom sound system has me rockin'. I like to put on my reflector sunglasses and drive around slowly. It still gets looks and comments. It corners like it's on rails and the 3.8 has plenty of power for the light body. I love the car. My girlfriend thinks it's too low. Mechanically it's been good but interior quality is kind of iffy. Overall, I love the car. At 118,000 I expect to drive her for a while longer.

Favorite Features

The looks and comments I get from admirers.

Suggested Improvements

Interior integrity could be better.