Used 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My baby
By cobraswa818

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I love my camaro ! 220,000 mile and its in hirrble conditions. Tell you the truth? dont buy this car if you want to spen money. Parts are expencive and gas sucks. Why do i still own it? because i love my camaro and i will own it and put more money then its worth because to me its worth so much more then any thing else.

old reliable
By al's camaro

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new and still drive it everyday. The car has had no major mechanical repairs to it in all these years. I had to change an alternator once, and fixed the electric windows twice. That is it! It now has 158,000 miles on it. I will never sell my baby and will drive it for many years to come. If you are going to buy one, get one from an adult owner like myself who maintained the car. Kids just beat on them.

Favorite Features

Reliability. I could drive this car cross country tomorrow and not have a care in the world.

Suggested Improvements

n/a

150 MPH for $5K
By Kris

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 140,000 miles for $5K. Have replaced fuel pump, purge solenoid, and both catalytic converters and complete fluid change and maintenance. Car runs great and is fun to drive. Strong mechanical knowledge is recommended for ownership of this car or you will spend $$$ on labor for maintenance. If you spend a couple hours a month on it for maintenance it will give you years of trouble free service. If you neglect it it will neglect you. Replacement parts and maintenance parts are inexpensive and available everywhere. I had a "84 Z28 that had 360,00 miles on it when I sold it and it ran great.

Favorite Features

power, handling, styling, t-tops, bose sound system, power everything, compliments

its the best of Chevy cars!
By jerry

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

i had a camaro 1983, love it, and after got a thunderbird, and a chevy lumina, great cars chevy, other not that much, and then i want another camaro again, and its the best, great driving experience, power on v-6, fuel economy, t-tops, great design, great for my two kids, they are comfortable in the small back space.

Favorite Features

t-tops, v-6 power and fuel economy, exterior design, features, interior space, love all

Suggested Improvements

the camaro doesn't need anything

I bought a lemon!!
By Meg

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $5k and have put nearly that much into it. I do not recommend this car. I replace headlights like you wouldn't believe and at $25 a pop.... Replaced fuel pump, alternator twice, battery etc etc. Ever repair is ten times as expensive as other cars... It stinks!

Favorite Features

Bose Stereo, may be the only thing I still like about the car.