1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
My baby
By cobraswa818 on 09/16/11 22:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I love my camaro ! 220,000 mile and its in hirrble conditions. Tell you the truth? dont buy this car if you want to spen money. Parts are expencive and gas sucks. Why do i still own it? because i love my camaro and i will own it and put more money then its worth because to me its worth so much more then any thing else.

old reliable
By al's camaro on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new and still drive it everyday. The car has had no major mechanical repairs to it in all these years. I had to change an alternator once, and fixed the electric windows twice. That is it! It now has 158,000 miles on it. I will never sell my baby and will drive it for many years to come. If you are going to buy one, get one from an adult owner like myself who maintained the car. Kids just beat on them.

150 MPH for $5K
By Kris on 05/18/10 03:04 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 140,000 miles for $5K. Have replaced fuel pump, purge solenoid, and both catalytic converters and complete fluid change and maintenance. Car runs great and is fun to drive. Strong mechanical knowledge is recommended for ownership of this car or you will spend $$$ on labor for maintenance. If you spend a couple hours a month on it for maintenance it will give you years of trouble free service. If you neglect it it will neglect you. Replacement parts and maintenance parts are inexpensive and available everywhere. I had a "84 Z28 that had 360,00 miles on it when I sold it and it ran great.

its the best of Chevy cars!
By jerry on 12/07/09 15:04 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

i had a camaro 1983, love it, and after got a thunderbird, and a chevy lumina, great cars chevy, other not that much, and then i want another camaro again, and its the best, great driving experience, power on v-6, fuel economy, t-tops, great design, great for my two kids, they are comfortable in the small back space.

I bought a lemon!!
By Meg on 05/16/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $5k and have put nearly that much into it. I do not recommend this car. I replace headlights like you wouldn't believe and at $25 a pop.... Replaced fuel pump, alternator twice, battery etc etc. Ever repair is ten times as expensive as other cars... It stinks!

Camaro Z28 1996
By Dr Steve on 05/14/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

The Z28 Camaro is an outstanding high performance car --- as American cars go it's second only to the Corvette. In addition to ballistic acceleration, tight handling, and great looks, the Z28 has outstanding brakes. The 350 ci-in iron V8 (with alluminum heads) pumps out 300 HP and has never left me waiting for a tow. The 4 speed automatic transmission, however, did break down at about 125000 miles and cost a small fortune to be rebuilt. With slightly bigger than factory wheels and tires it handles great. Visibility could be better. It's got it all --- great looks, high performance, and better than average reliability. I expect the 2010 Camaro Z28 to be just as great to own and drive.

Really nice car, but has problems...
By cabe7 on 03/25/09 08:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I got my camaro as my first car about and a half years ago... The previous owner didn't take care of the car, which caused problems for me. There was a lot of things that needed to be replaced, AC, Transmission, 02 sensors, water pump, and the egr valve. I was able to drive the car for a year without problems. However, when I started college, I was driving 30 miles to and from school everyday. That's when the car started to give me problems. The car overheated 4 times within 2 months, and each time it was something different that caused it. Replaced the thermostat, hose and radiator. Other minuscule things like leaky t-tops and broken console henge. The car has some design flaws.

camaro v6
By mike on 03/20/09 00:25 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

All and all i must say it was another low quality GM product. I bought the car at 80,000 miles, and had it untill it tanked out around 96,000 miles. During that time, it was broken down more than it ran. Always something, id fix one thing and something else would go wrong. When it did run performance was not what it should have been. My scion and integra are much more fun to drive. The v6 was quick enough for daily driving, but dont expect to win any races. The car was a decent looking car minus the ugly stock rims. The t-tops were cool, and i LOVED the interior. By far the best interior of any car i ever owned. It came stock 2 tone black and red inside.

Can't say goodbye yet!
By Equine on 06/20/08 04:55 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this beautiful dark green/beige interior Camaro new in 1996. Yes, that was 12 years ago! Only 116,000 miles on it and engine/transmission still going strong with never a breakdown. Since it was garaged at home, the paint looks brand new. Original plug wires were recalled about 2002 in the same week it acted up. No mechanical repairs-only tow different leaks and normal wear and tear parts. Only thing I am unhappy with is an oil leak that started by the 3rd year and was never fixed. (Got tired of going to the dealership-not where I bought this car). Even though I am now car shopping--I still have no plans to sell it. Plan to have it worked on /updated etc and just be my "play car".

Amazing!
By Jesse on 11/02/07 15:17 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car from a private owner. It has the tune-port eninge making it somewhat rare since in '96 they started using the Vor-tec engine. I love this car. It is the best car to ever be built! Keep it up Chevy!