1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
My baby
By cobraswa818 on 09/16/11 22:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I love my camaro ! 220,000 mile and its in hirrble conditions. Tell you the truth? dont buy this car if you want to spen money. Parts are expencive and gas sucks. Why do i still own it? because i love my camaro and i will own it and put more money then its worth because to me its worth so much more then any thing else.

old reliable
By al's camaro on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new and still drive it everyday. The car has had no major mechanical repairs to it in all these years. I had to change an alternator once, and fixed the electric windows twice. That is it! It now has 158,000 miles on it. I will never sell my baby and will drive it for many years to come. If you are going to buy one, get one from an adult owner like myself who maintained the car. Kids just beat on them.

its the best of Chevy cars!
By jerry on 12/07/09 15:04 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

i had a camaro 1983, love it, and after got a thunderbird, and a chevy lumina, great cars chevy, other not that much, and then i want another camaro again, and its the best, great driving experience, power on v-6, fuel economy, t-tops, great design, great for my two kids, they are comfortable in the small back space.

Really nice car, but has problems...
By cabe7 on 03/25/09 08:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I got my camaro as my first car about and a half years ago... The previous owner didn't take care of the car, which caused problems for me. There was a lot of things that needed to be replaced, AC, Transmission, 02 sensors, water pump, and the egr valve. I was able to drive the car for a year without problems. However, when I started college, I was driving 30 miles to and from school everyday. That's when the car started to give me problems. The car overheated 4 times within 2 months, and each time it was something different that caused it. Replaced the thermostat, hose and radiator. Other minuscule things like leaky t-tops and broken console henge. The car has some design flaws.

Still Crusin'
By Kman on 05/18/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used in 2000. The BOSE was blown but a new custom sound system has me rockin'. I like to put on my reflector sunglasses and drive around slowly. It still gets looks and comments. It corners like it's on rails and the 3.8 has plenty of power for the light body. I love the car. My girlfriend thinks it's too low. Mechanically it's been good but interior quality is kind of iffy. Overall, I love the car. At 118,000 I expect to drive her for a while longer.

Sad to see the ol' girl go
By Princess Pamela on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought my car right after college and it has seen me through the years. It has been the best! No problems other than usual wear and tear...water pump, alternator, plugs, window motor, front spoiler. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves an affordable, fun sporty car. I have decided to buy an SUV because of the nature of my job- having to transport bulky computers, etc... I would keep her til' she fell apart if not. No one can believe the car is a '96...it still looks that good!

Good Bye-Old Friend
By coastalp on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

This week, I must get rid of my baby. I've put 175K miles on her. I lived thru her recall for the front spoiler and many repairs that were covered b/c I was smart enough to have bought the extended warranty. But, I'll NEVER buy another GM car b/c I had to spend so much time arguing about coverage. The girls loved my baby. She still gets a "Hey man, nice car" even after 8+ yrs. I'll miss her. She was a blast to drive. She needs a new rear end, brakes, windows motors, interior stitching and other cosmetics that I can't justify the investment. I'm gonna miss her.

Been great for me!
By GhostTX on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 1996, V6-3.8L. Have logged 156K miles on it so far. Its been a great car. Typcial wear and tear on it (water pump, power steering pump, a/c compressor so far). Rear axle had to be replaced at 70K as it had some bad bearings. Something other buyers may want to look at. Solid car though, and I've been happy to own it.

Awesome Car!
By Red Storm on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I love my Camaro RS, its so much fun to drive for a V6!

It's worth it
By Andee on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I just purchased a used 96 RS model, I am a young guy, I am 20.I look young also,hence, the cops here are all over me.I've been pulled over in my RED camaro about 5 times in the last 3 months.Most of the times for no reason at all, or they would give some lame excuse.This car gets attention !! I believe its worth it though, it handles great,it is fast,and i get a lot of compliments on it