1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
My baby
By cobraswa818 on 09/16/11 22:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I love my camaro ! 220,000 mile and its in hirrble conditions. Tell you the truth? dont buy this car if you want to spen money. Parts are expencive and gas sucks. Why do i still own it? because i love my camaro and i will own it and put more money then its worth because to me its worth so much more then any thing else.

old reliable
By al's camaro on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new and still drive it everyday. The car has had no major mechanical repairs to it in all these years. I had to change an alternator once, and fixed the electric windows twice. That is it! It now has 158,000 miles on it. I will never sell my baby and will drive it for many years to come. If you are going to buy one, get one from an adult owner like myself who maintained the car. Kids just beat on them.

Love it!
By ScottH on 07/22/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

My son bought this car last year as his first "muscle car", and pretty much as a "collectors car" so to speak. When he bought it, it had 28,000+ on it, now it only has in the high 29,000. Not bad for a 22 year old. Of course, he's in the Navy and it's now sitting in my garage. Everything is original including the tires! The EGR needs to be replaced, but that's it. The body paint is fantastic still, with two minor little, but deep scratches. I think he looks better driving it than his 50 year old dad, but i don't tell him that. Unfortunately, we're going to have to sell it as he has a nice vehicle with him, and it doesn't make sense having this one just sit until he gets out someday

150 MPH for $5K
By Kris on 05/18/10 03:04 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 140,000 miles for $5K. Have replaced fuel pump, purge solenoid, and both catalytic converters and complete fluid change and maintenance. Car runs great and is fun to drive. Strong mechanical knowledge is recommended for ownership of this car or you will spend $$$ on labor for maintenance. If you spend a couple hours a month on it for maintenance it will give you years of trouble free service. If you neglect it it will neglect you. Replacement parts and maintenance parts are inexpensive and available everywhere. I had a "84 Z28 that had 360,00 miles on it when I sold it and it ran great.

Sporty
By Robert Souza on 01/06/10 23:39 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Convertible

Nice ride not bad car at all fun to drive just replaced tranny got a good deal on one at $300.00 first convertible that I have ever had yeah Gm could have put a better dash on other than that lousy plastic one that cracks over the years.

its the best of Chevy cars!
By jerry on 12/07/09 15:04 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

i had a camaro 1983, love it, and after got a thunderbird, and a chevy lumina, great cars chevy, other not that much, and then i want another camaro again, and its the best, great driving experience, power on v-6, fuel economy, t-tops, great design, great for my two kids, they are comfortable in the small back space.

Who needs a V8?
By VF1Skullangel on 07/27/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Convertible

Since buying the V6 3800 Camaro I must say my personal opinion has changed about six cylinder secondary models. This car delivers! Its got great styling, outstanding performance, and fair quality. This car is simply an amazing machine and for the price you can't beat that. If you are in the market for an affordable sportscar without paying the price give a 3800 Camaro a chance you'll be suprized with what they can do.

I bought a lemon!!
By Meg on 05/16/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $5k and have put nearly that much into it. I do not recommend this car. I replace headlights like you wouldn't believe and at $25 a pop.... Replaced fuel pump, alternator twice, battery etc etc. Ever repair is ten times as expensive as other cars... It stinks!

Camaro Z28 1996
By Dr Steve on 05/14/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

The Z28 Camaro is an outstanding high performance car --- as American cars go it's second only to the Corvette. In addition to ballistic acceleration, tight handling, and great looks, the Z28 has outstanding brakes. The 350 ci-in iron V8 (with alluminum heads) pumps out 300 HP and has never left me waiting for a tow. The 4 speed automatic transmission, however, did break down at about 125000 miles and cost a small fortune to be rebuilt. With slightly bigger than factory wheels and tires it handles great. Visibility could be better. It's got it all --- great looks, high performance, and better than average reliability. I expect the 2010 Camaro Z28 to be just as great to own and drive.

Really nice car, but has problems...
By cabe7 on 03/25/09 08:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I got my camaro as my first car about and a half years ago... The previous owner didn't take care of the car, which caused problems for me. There was a lot of things that needed to be replaced, AC, Transmission, 02 sensors, water pump, and the egr valve. I was able to drive the car for a year without problems. However, when I started college, I was driving 30 miles to and from school everyday. That's when the car started to give me problems. The car overheated 4 times within 2 months, and each time it was something different that caused it. Replaced the thermostat, hose and radiator. Other minuscule things like leaky t-tops and broken console henge. The car has some design flaws.

1 2 3 4 5 next »