TOMZ Z28
By Thomas R Gagen on
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible
Since the day I bought this car, it has been the most fun car I have ever had. Even though you seem like you are sitting on the ground, that just makes it feel all the more powerful when you hit the gas. My wife calls this car my "change of life" car and I agree with her. I bought it shortly after my "last" divorce when I was 51 because I had never had a real "muscle" car. I now know what I was missing. I can proudly say that I have never gotten a ticket driving this car even though I know I have deserved a few. The original "Z" tires on this car only lasted 30k miles and I thought I must be me, but the second set only lasted another 30k and was told that was all I could expect from Z tires.
Favorite Features
The power!!!!! Seats are comfortable even for a trip I made of 700 miles in one day. Top is very easy to put up and down (I seldom used the plastic cover for the top when it was in its down position). I got 15 mpg in town and about 20 on the hwy- didn't expect it to be that good.
Suggested Improvements
Trunk interior lining was always moving-never stayed in place. Broke the hinge on the center console. Fog lights never lasted very long...burned out after a few months if left on while driving. The front driver's seat side panel had to be replaced (under warranty) because it wore very quickly.