1995 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Best Car I Ever Owned

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Review

Best Car I Ever Owned
By KSCamaro on

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Most reliable car I ever owned. I bought it used (8k) and has been my daily driver ever since. It has endured hot summers and cold winters in KS. T-top is still water-tight and no interior problems at all. In 9 years I replaced the clutch at 122k, a window motor, and recently O2 sensors, water pump, and optispark cap & rotor(155k). Still runs like a beast and doesn't use any oil. Took it to the dealer today and it is $2k to fix (exhaust leak on both sides..one side broken bolt in head from warped manifold). Also needs new struts & shocks ($750). Combined, cant justify the expense on a car worth $5-6k retail. So ends a great 9 years. I am trading it in on my next car.

I added a K&N cold box kit, Lingenfelter throttle body, MAF sensor, JET ignition, & Borla cat back..so I would say power is my fav feature. Good gas mileage. Transmission has been flawless. Good brakes other than the occasional ABS light. Did I mention power?

Fog lamp protectors would have been great. I kept replacing them the first few years; but gave up as I never got by more than a month before another one got creamed.