Used 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Back to the Dream
By BG

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I owned a '84 Camaro in Europe, where they simply don't exist and I was some kind of a Celebrity...Forget this- they are great cars and after selling my BMW 840ci I jumped on the Z28, which is just awesome car; a bit rough on the edges, but truly one of the last real American Muscle Cars, doomed to extinction by Japanese hybrids, and European Grocery Carts! I love this car!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, and body shape.

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard

95' Camaro Z28 one of the best!
By Tony

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I still can't believe GM did away with the Camaro! This is one of the finest sports cars ever built. First of all it had styling. This car really turned heads. It had performance. The stock 350 LT1 had plenty of hp for the average driver and was easy to upgrade with lots of aftermarket parts. It was a comfortable car to drive. I have a lot of fun with this car. Minimal repairs. I would recomend this car to anyone who would like to drive a fabulous sports car without emptying our your bank account. I perfer the 6 speed transmission for extra performance but the automatic still offers great performance too. I would purchase another one if I didn't have three already!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the 6 speed transmission. I also like the T-Bar roof. Great fun in the spring and fall months.

Suggested Improvements

I like the car the way it is. No suggested improvements.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By KSCamaro

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Most reliable car I ever owned. I bought it used (8k) and has been my daily driver ever since. It has endured hot summers and cold winters in KS. T-top is still water-tight and no interior problems at all. In 9 years I replaced the clutch at 122k, a window motor, and recently O2 sensors, water pump, and optispark cap & rotor(155k). Still runs like a beast and doesn't use any oil. Took it to the dealer today and it is $2k to fix (exhaust leak on both sides..one side broken bolt in head from warped manifold). Also needs new struts & shocks ($750). Combined, cant justify the expense on a car worth $5-6k retail. So ends a great 9 years. I am trading it in on my next car.

Favorite Features

I added a K&N cold box kit, Lingenfelter throttle body, MAF sensor, JET ignition, & Borla cat back..so I would say power is my fav feature. Good gas mileage. Transmission has been flawless. Good brakes other than the occasional ABS light. Did I mention power?

Suggested Improvements

Fog lamp protectors would have been great. I kept replacing them the first few years; but gave up as I never got by more than a month before another one got creamed.

Z28
By Pat

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

The Z28 is one of the most amazing vehicles Chevrolet has ever designed. It's handling is very impressive for a 3300 lb rear wheel drive vehicle and it is just fun to drive. The LT1 is an impressive motor giving the Z28 275 hp and 325 ft-lbs torque. Nothing is better than its ominous growl that always turns heads. The Camaro Z28 was one of the last in the dying breed of the muscle car. I say that if you want an impressive car with a reputation get a Z28 yourself and let the good times roll.

Favorite Features

LT1 350ci engine, BOSE stereo system, Four Wheel Disc Brakes, Anti-lock Brakes,and Leather Bucket Seats

Suggested Improvements

None

Dont buy a 95 Camaro
By Former Camaro Owner

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

My boyfriend had owned a 95 Camaro for 3 years,when he bought it had arround 50,000 miles on it arround the last year are so it started having problems with the water pump and all of a sudden we took it in for steam coming out of engine the guy we took it to was very knowledgeable and he said some how the mantle block cracked and to fix one of them it would cost arround 4,000 bucks and now us being not at home anymore and paying bills with hardly any money we were S.O.L and it just kept getting worse the last 2 days we had the camaro it would over heat in 2 mintues of turning it on and thank god the place we traded it in they didnt even turn the car on. The milliage at the end was at 98,000

Favorite Features

Very nice car the stereo was awesome lots of fun memories in the car.

Suggested Improvements

Dont make the car so cheap when you need to fix something thats arround 1000+ to fix (Not a good car to have car payments on buy cash with it so you can afford the fixes)