1995 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Back to the Dream
By BG on 12/24/05 15:02 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I owned a '84 Camaro in Europe, where they simply don't exist and I was some kind of a Celebrity...Forget this- they are great cars and after selling my BMW 840ci I jumped on the Z28, which is just awesome car; a bit rough on the edges, but truly one of the last real American Muscle Cars, doomed to extinction by Japanese hybrids, and European Grocery Carts! I love this car!

95' Camaro Z28 one of the best!
By Tony on 10/10/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I still can't believe GM did away with the Camaro! This is one of the finest sports cars ever built. First of all it had styling. This car really turned heads. It had performance. The stock 350 LT1 had plenty of hp for the average driver and was easy to upgrade with lots of aftermarket parts. It was a comfortable car to drive. I have a lot of fun with this car. Minimal repairs. I would recomend this car to anyone who would like to drive a fabulous sports car without emptying our your bank account. I perfer the 6 speed transmission for extra performance but the automatic still offers great performance too. I would purchase another one if I didn't have three already!

Best Car I Ever Owned
By KSCamaro on 06/30/05 01:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Most reliable car I ever owned. I bought it used (8k) and has been my daily driver ever since. It has endured hot summers and cold winters in KS. T-top is still water-tight and no interior problems at all. In 9 years I replaced the clutch at 122k, a window motor, and recently O2 sensors, water pump, and optispark cap & rotor(155k). Still runs like a beast and doesn't use any oil. Took it to the dealer today and it is $2k to fix (exhaust leak on both sides..one side broken bolt in head from warped manifold). Also needs new struts & shocks ($750). Combined, cant justify the expense on a car worth $5-6k retail. So ends a great 9 years. I am trading it in on my next car.

Z28
By Pat on 01/23/05 14:41 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

The Z28 is one of the most amazing vehicles Chevrolet has ever designed. It's handling is very impressive for a 3300 lb rear wheel drive vehicle and it is just fun to drive. The LT1 is an impressive motor giving the Z28 275 hp and 325 ft-lbs torque. Nothing is better than its ominous growl that always turns heads. The Camaro Z28 was one of the last in the dying breed of the muscle car. I say that if you want an impressive car with a reputation get a Z28 yourself and let the good times roll.

Dont buy a 95 Camaro
By Former Camaro Owner on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

My boyfriend had owned a 95 Camaro for 3 years,when he bought it had arround 50,000 miles on it arround the last year are so it started having problems with the water pump and all of a sudden we took it in for steam coming out of engine the guy we took it to was very knowledgeable and he said some how the mantle block cracked and to fix one of them it would cost arround 4,000 bucks and now us being not at home anymore and paying bills with hardly any money we were S.O.L and it just kept getting worse the last 2 days we had the camaro it would over heat in 2 mintues of turning it on and thank god the place we traded it in they didnt even turn the car on. The milliage at the end was at 98,000

Runs Strong
By MALOSO on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

reliable car, only had 1 major problem. Gas was leaking into the oil and caused the car to run erratic. Was fixed and runs fine now. doesn't leak oil and transmission is fine.

Shattered Dreams
By CodysalmostkillerZ28 on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Bought the 1995 Camaro it was in mint shape about 8 hours later a mechanical failure almost killed me, go to http://www.cardomain.com/id/cody17chels ie to see my camaro before and after i wrecked, this is one of the worst 1- car wrecks imaginable that i walked away from...take a look seeing is believing.

Hodge's Experience
By Darvel Hodge Jr. on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I have had no major problems with this vehicle. It has been very reliable and it is so much fun to drive. When purchased I added ground effects with P275-40ZR17 Perelli SP 7000 and Fitapalidi Exclusive Chrome Wheels. I also added a K&N Air Filter System and an air flow director. It loves to run and basically poetry in motion. I will keep this car forever.

Auto Transmission...
By TreyT on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I saw a lot of comments about the auto tranny's in these reviews and figured I'd try to help out with auto trannies and possible problems. The 4L60E is a great transmission one of the best...HOWEVER, many people don't realize the transmission fluid needs to be completely flushed about every 20k miles...also getting rebuilds from a top notch GM rebuilder that has all the latest fixes is crucial. A mild shift kit will also help increase the logevity. A transmission cooler also helps a LOT. If the fluid flushed (not just changed) every 20k the transmission will go 100+k easily...unless you just beat on it.

My 95Z
By cdd_99 on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Bought car new in '94, drive as weekend/summer car only. Had usual problems with manifold/oil leak, but it appears to be fixed after 2 attempts. Car handles well. Performs very poorly in ANY wet weather. Surprisingly fast, don't be fooled by published reports, very underrated, not for <18 drivers. Has great Bose sound/cd. Have 6 SP, T-Tops, no problems. Gas 12/city 25-28/Hwy w 6th gear