Used 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

This car is my baby
By Dr.Dave

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I Read the reviews on the 1995 Chevrolet Z28 and I was pleased. I wanted to add my comments. I purchased my red/black Z28 brand new in 1995 with every option available. My Z is a blast I still own it and I love it just as much as I did back in 1995. I like all the American muscle cars myself, so I think it is preference and price of what you want to own. I think you get a lot of car for what you pay and the parts are cheap compared to my Cadillac DTS. These camaros are basic and easy to work on to a point. Very fun car for any night out, or just driving around. Very cool car and a head turner. I turn heads when I drive mine to this day, my z still looks new and I keep it detailed and garaged.

Favorite Features

The BOSE CD, and the layout of the car itself. The composite plastic frt. fenders and doors, I think was a great idea. No dents, no rust, no worries.

Suggested Improvements

To change the spark plugs and rotor cap is a poor typical GM error. I also do not like the anti-freeze flush and fill design, it is a weird set-up.

Power to spare with 25 MPG
By glen

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I am sixty years old and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Nice styling, class, economy etc.

Favorite Features

Power, engine roar, factory high Power,high performance factory exhaust, six speed transmission, wide tires and Bose stereo. I get a lot of attention where ever I go with my Blue Jet. Cost me five thousand dollars for a show room condition classic.

Suggested Improvements

Everybody should have one!

My Aging Z28
By Bryan

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Z in the Spring of 2003 from a young guy who was the second owner. I think he must have ran the heck out of this baby, but it rode good on the test drive and he kept it spotless. I have had it 6 years and put 75,000 mile on her. The body has help up nicely and it is a fun and powerful car. The oil pump quit working 3 days after I bought it and it spun a crank bearing. I had a new LT1 motor in it which has been outstanding so far. The transmission has some poor factory engineering however. My mech. tells me that there is a drum in the tranny made of aluminum that is too fragile to handle the high torque output of the car. Basically Z28=fun/looks/$$$. But I'm not complaining

Favorite Features

T-Tops-No Leaks, Lots of Power, Great Looks, Easy 2nd gear scratches, OK mpg for a V8. My Z is black (I think black cars show less age and more style). Very comfy for 2. Paint holds up very well, most of it is still original. Never had a problem with; AC, Power options, exhaust, steering/suspnsn

Suggested Improvements

In 6 years I have put in 2 trannys ($1500 ea.) As it ages there are increasing electrical problems (minor). Trunk shocks go out after short time (cheap fix, but annoying). Fog lights go out too fast (difficult to replace and expensive $150 new, $75 used). Back seat and trunk size is a joke.

A true Beast!
By redz28boy

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Man this car is hot. I bought the 5.7L V8 and it is fun to drive when it is no snow outside. Love the styling. I had a '92 RS w/ the 305, but after reading up on the LT1 I had to upgrade! Even though I'm a third-gen fan, I don't believe you could go wrong with these either. True American muscle! Great car!

Favorite Features

Styling, T-Tops, 5.7L LT1, Corvette exhaust tips and fog lights.

Suggested Improvements

It should have come with 17" wheels and ground effects on stock cars.

A true Beast!
By redz28boy

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 10 months ago and I have been very pleased! I had a 92 rs Camaro with the 305 and this is a big step up. I put flowmasters on it to sound even more menacing. I love taking into open parking lots and lighting up the rear tires! If you ever have an opportunity to buy the lt1 or ls1, then I say go for it. Go Chevy!

Favorite Features

5.7 litre engine, T-tops, exterior styling, and my bright red paint w/ black top.

Suggested Improvements

18in. 5 star wheels standard for z28 models, daytime running lights like the '02, and ground effects.