1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
This car is my baby
By Dr.Dave on 07/13/10 02:11 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I Read the reviews on the 1995 Chevrolet Z28 and I was pleased. I wanted to add my comments. I purchased my red/black Z28 brand new in 1995 with every option available. My Z is a blast I still own it and I love it just as much as I did back in 1995. I like all the American muscle cars myself, so I think it is preference and price of what you want to own. I think you get a lot of car for what you pay and the parts are cheap compared to my Cadillac DTS. These camaros are basic and easy to work on to a point. Very fun car for any night out, or just driving around. Very cool car and a head turner. I turn heads when I drive mine to this day, my z still looks new and I keep it detailed and garaged.

Power to spare with 25 MPG
By glen on 05/21/09 20:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I am sixty years old and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Nice styling, class, economy etc.

My Aging Z28
By Bryan on 05/21/09 09:51 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Z in the Spring of 2003 from a young guy who was the second owner. I think he must have ran the heck out of this baby, but it rode good on the test drive and he kept it spotless. I have had it 6 years and put 75,000 mile on her. The body has help up nicely and it is a fun and powerful car. The oil pump quit working 3 days after I bought it and it spun a crank bearing. I had a new LT1 motor in it which has been outstanding so far. The transmission has some poor factory engineering however. My mech. tells me that there is a drum in the tranny made of aluminum that is too fragile to handle the high torque output of the car. Basically Z28=fun/looks/$$$. But I'm not complaining

A true Beast!
By redz28boy on 02/13/08 12:19 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Man this car is hot. I bought the 5.7L V8 and it is fun to drive when it is no snow outside. Love the styling. I had a '92 RS w/ the 305, but after reading up on the LT1 I had to upgrade! Even though I'm a third-gen fan, I don't believe you could go wrong with these either. True American muscle! Great car!

A true Beast!
By redz28boy on 12/16/07 23:53 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 10 months ago and I have been very pleased! I had a 92 rs Camaro with the 305 and this is a big step up. I put flowmasters on it to sound even more menacing. I love taking into open parking lots and lighting up the rear tires! If you ever have an opportunity to buy the lt1 or ls1, then I say go for it. Go Chevy!

Pure power
By ANTS Z28 on 12/08/07 19:01 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car a couple of months ago and its the best car I've even seen. I did some work to it like a new flowmaster exhaust and a new k&n intact, also has a redone suspension not done by me But all in all there isn't many cars that can compare to the z28. It's a very fast car and really fun to drive...with some work the car is absolutely a perfect creation

Beautiful Z28
By Kristen on 06/20/07 06:02 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best. Great mileage for a V8 350ci. The 6-speed transmission (T56) is perfect for this car. Drives so smooth, shifts smooth. Easily handled car being RWD. Fun, fast and classic Muscle Car Chevrolet material. Love it!

My '95 Z28
By Chris'z on 02/16/07 05:25 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I purchased an automatic car. That was a mistake. Although the car is still a blast to drive I often wish it was a 6 speed. That aside the Camaro Z-28 is a great machine. I love the power. The car is mostly factory. It has K&N filter, power chip, and front strut bar. The car handles the curves awsome, and loves to open up on the highway. When the rear end comes out it is pretty predictable. the cars styling is great. My complaints are trans, (drive and od fell out 2 weeks into driving) The glare of the dash is terrible in the windsheild. The car is a little sqeeky when driving over bumps or rough surfaces. It is a lot of car for the average person to drive around. But I find it fun.

Pleasure and pain
By ltl on 01/31/06 22:57 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

It's the car i`ve wanted ever since I was able to drive. When I bought it, it had 79,000 miles, who knows how the previous owner(s) maintained it, but day two, it wouldn`t start. A few months later converter went bad. Six months later opti spark failed. The car is a real pain, but you know what, I love it. Everytime I press that pedal to the floor, I still get chills. Now with a flowmaster on it scares my wife, that's what I like

Pure enjoyment!
By Jason L on 12/29/05 09:16 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! I drive it about 3K a year, and cant keep my hands off of it. Nothing makes me look forward to my commute home than a 80 deg day and the keys to my 95 Z28 sitting on my desk. Mine is a 95 A4 with the Bose stereo. The car with 71k jumps off the line and pulls till you let off at 120! If you want even more fun get a SLP loud mouth exhaust and SLP cold air intake, these really wake the car up, not that it needs it. No creaks or rattles from the interior. Had to replace the drivers window motor, but that is it. Love this car!