Used 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun! Fun! Fun!
By I Love My Z 28

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I have owned this z 28 since new and could not bear to part with it. It's all black with the the black leather interior. I love this car but only drive it on weekends or sunny days. The only problem is with the Opti-Spark distributor, it has been replaced 3 times. The distributor sits under the water pump and shorts out if there is a leak. But I can accept that in a car that is this fun to own and drive!

Favorite Features

Styling, The exhaust tone, The entire car!

Suggested Improvements

The distributor needs better placement.

My First Muscle Car
By Jack

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I've wanted a sports car ever since I started driving at 16. Now I'm 19 and got my wish. The car is amazing! I love to put the top down and go to the beach. However, I'm really afraid of it. Everytime it rains I fishtail. I don't even have to go hard on the gas. I hate to drive it in the rain. The top doesn't leak but the seal around the driver window does and when I open the door water spills in from the top. When I bought it the compressor for the a/c actually smoked because it would run hot. My top also squeaks and the passenger window is slower than the driver. I get excited every time I drive it and am so glad I got it, even though it has horrible mpg and rising gas prices.

Favorite Features

I would say my favorite features are the power seat, electric trunk release. I love the power, fastest car I've ever had.

Suggested Improvements

The radio definitely needs improvement. The stereo is okay, but the speakers can't handle a lot of bass. There also isn't a lot of space to reach engine parts under the hood. The steering is also a little hard compared to other cars I've had.

1995 Z-28 Convertible
By James

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I've had my red 95 Z28 convertible for 12 years. What a fun and satisfying car. Great power, drag beats a Mustang every time (in top speed too probably, but at 155 mph predicted, I don't try it), comfortable interior, perfect air flow protection around driver & passenger with the top down at 90 mph. The Z28 seems a rare car with very few convertible Z28s made. Timeless body design often mistaken for a new model. 26mph gas mileage on highway. I haven't found a better replacement for the money, exclusiveness, looks, and fun. How did Mustang ever get high ratings over the beautiful Z28? It just made Camaro Z28 that more exclusive. No plans to sell it yet. Can the new 2009 Camaro be better?

Favorite Features

V8 power. Body design. Purchase cost per fun factor. Airflow with top down.

Suggested Improvements

Never liked the interior floor bulge on the passenger side. Bulbs for driving lights are too hard to replace.

My Camaro
By James

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I bought it at 87000 miles from a widow who had it in a barn with the rest of her husband's toys. The car is polo green met. convert. with tan leather int. and tan top. The car was in great unmolested condition for a 11 yr old car I have a 1970 Camaro with 320hp, and with 50 hp less (only 275hp) you do not feel it in the newer car. The automatic shifts great and shifts hard. The only short comings, the trip odometer died the day I bought it, the top needs to be replaced, mediocre mpg., stock speakers do not handle deep bass very well, passenger door power window is slow.

Favorite Features

The power is great. the older LS1 has a bit less HP than the newer LS1 but has more torque. Drivng with the top is great, so aerodynamic there is less wind and noise w/ the top down than in my truck with just the windows down. the look you get are nice too.

Suggested Improvements

If you listen to rap or metal get better speakers. Invest in an alarm system. Don't plan on going to Home Depot with the miniscule trunk

Batmobile
By Charles R Smith

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

This is a great car to drive! It is just beautiful and purrs like a big cat. The feeling of controlled power is such a kick. Being a convertible it is as close to flying as you can get outside of a motorcycle. This one is all black and makes me want to get into a Batman outfit and fight evil doers.

Favorite Features

I really appreciate the program that lets me know when to shift for maximum gas mileage.