1995 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun! Fun! Fun!
By I Love My Z 28 on 03/14/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I have owned this z 28 since new and could not bear to part with it. It's all black with the the black leather interior. I love this car but only drive it on weekends or sunny days. The only problem is with the Opti-Spark distributor, it has been replaced 3 times. The distributor sits under the water pump and shorts out if there is a leak. But I can accept that in a car that is this fun to own and drive!

My First Muscle Car
By Jack on 09/20/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I've wanted a sports car ever since I started driving at 16. Now I'm 19 and got my wish. The car is amazing! I love to put the top down and go to the beach. However, I'm really afraid of it. Everytime it rains I fishtail. I don't even have to go hard on the gas. I hate to drive it in the rain. The top doesn't leak but the seal around the driver window does and when I open the door water spills in from the top. When I bought it the compressor for the a/c actually smoked because it would run hot. My top also squeaks and the passenger window is slower than the driver. I get excited every time I drive it and am so glad I got it, even though it has horrible mpg and rising gas prices.

1995 Z-28 Convertible
By James on 12/13/07 18:26 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I've had my red 95 Z28 convertible for 12 years. What a fun and satisfying car. Great power, drag beats a Mustang every time (in top speed too probably, but at 155 mph predicted, I don't try it), comfortable interior, perfect air flow protection around driver & passenger with the top down at 90 mph. The Z28 seems a rare car with very few convertible Z28s made. Timeless body design often mistaken for a new model. 26mph gas mileage on highway. I haven't found a better replacement for the money, exclusiveness, looks, and fun. How did Mustang ever get high ratings over the beautiful Z28? It just made Camaro Z28 that more exclusive. No plans to sell it yet. Can the new 2009 Camaro be better?

My Camaro
By James on 04/14/06 21:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I bought it at 87000 miles from a widow who had it in a barn with the rest of her husband's toys. The car is polo green met. convert. with tan leather int. and tan top. The car was in great unmolested condition for a 11 yr old car I have a 1970 Camaro with 320hp, and with 50 hp less (only 275hp) you do not feel it in the newer car. The automatic shifts great and shifts hard. The only short comings, the trip odometer died the day I bought it, the top needs to be replaced, mediocre mpg., stock speakers do not handle deep bass very well, passenger door power window is slow.

Batmobile
By Charles R Smith on 03/15/06 23:07 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

This is a great car to drive! It is just beautiful and purrs like a big cat. The feeling of controlled power is such a kick. Being a convertible it is as close to flying as you can get outside of a motorcycle. This one is all black and makes me want to get into a Batman outfit and fight evil doers.

TOMZ Z28
By Thomas R Gagen on 12/01/05 18:18 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Since the day I bought this car, it has been the most fun car I have ever had. Even though you seem like you are sitting on the ground, that just makes it feel all the more powerful when you hit the gas. My wife calls this car my "change of life" car and I agree with her. I bought it shortly after my "last" divorce when I was 51 because I had never had a real "muscle" car. I now know what I was missing. I can proudly say that I have never gotten a ticket driving this car even though I know I have deserved a few. The original "Z" tires on this car only lasted 30k miles and I thought I must be me, but the second set only lasted another 30k and was told that was all I could expect from Z tires.

The Best Car Ever!!
By Keith on 09/02/05 17:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I bought this car brand new. It has been the most reliable car. I store it every winter. I do yearly maintenance on it like changing the oil, flushing the radiator and transmission fluid. I usually take it on at least one long road trip a year and it is awesome to get it on the road and open it up. It just went over 80,000 miles and still snaps your head back on take off

150mph Convertible is fun
By Cyburbs on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

The 1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible is fun to drive fast with the top down. The biggest problem is the 460L Automatic that comes with a stock 2.73 differental ratio which means at slow speeds, no matter how big the engine is, the trans wants to downshift when you hit the pedal a little hard. The gearing however gets great gas mileage when you are able to drive within the speed limits, which is difficult for this car to do! The engine is bullet- proof, but a little drippy in the driveway. The rag top is starting to get ragged, but this Camaro looks like it is speeding even when it is parked.

best car ever
By bigdan2k on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

this is my second f-body i have no problems with it. the power, the sound, the wind in my hair is fantastic. i can't believe gm stopped building them. its a great car to cruise arround in, run at the track, and pick up chicks. i'll never sell it.

raw power
By beritngrin on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

ever since I first bought this car I have been nothing but satisfied, every thing from apperance to reliability has been every thing I had imagined and then some.