1995 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Somehow i love it
By plsgofaster on 09/07/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

My dad gave me this car a year ago. Its performance isn't impressive 0-60. In quite a while (10.3 sec) it was comfortable until the padding "parted" around the frame of the seat. The build quality is sub-par the interior made of the worlds cheapest plastics is coming apart piece by piece. The power locks work 30% of the time the Windows barley work, but the engine keeps going. I'm getting 160 miles a tank the mpg is dreadful. Its expensive to insure because its a sports car even though it barley moves. However the exterior is a triumph in styling 10 out of 10. I cant explain why but I love this car and I love driving it. Maybe it's the t-tops.

old man,younger days
By peter james on 06/04/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

for a sixty year old it brings back memories of graduation 1964 and hot cars,chevy was at the top of the list....with only 50k verified miles it was a very good buy for just under $5000.

I love this car!
By car_chick on 01/02/08 21:23 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for more than 8 years and loved every day of it. It got be through high school, college and after. It's a great car and I never spent enough money on fixing it to buy a new car that even came close to this. I took it to a reputible shop to have it maintained the way it should be and maybe more than necessary. I love my little Camaro, Thor. He stopped well and got up to go when needed. Driving on the highway in the spring or fall with the t-tops off and the windows down was amazing.

Great Car!
By Chris on 06/08/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

This car is great. Just need to know how to take car of a car. It's like any other car. If you do the required maintenence it will last a long time. I have 165,000 miles on it and it is still running great. Only minor repairs along the way (as can be expected). Engine runs perfect. Dont need to buy a Toyota/Honda to have a car last a long time. Just keep up with the little things and this car will last you a long time as well. Only 35,000 more miles to hit 200,000. Can't ask for more than that in a car. It has done its job and paid itself off by far.

WHAT A GENERAL MOTORS LEMON....
By M WITKOWSKI on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

HAD THE CAR FOR A YEAR.AVERAGE HIGHWAY MILE.3.4 LITER MOTOR HEAD BOLTS BROKE,WITH NO LOW COOLANT ALARM/INDICATION.MOTOR COOKED FROM INSIDE OUT.G.M HAS SOME SERIOUS ENG.ISSUES WITH THIS 60 DEGREE 1sT GEN.V 6 MOTOR.1sT AND LAST G.M PRODUCT I WILL BUY.

The Best!!!
By Camero2005 on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

I just recently bought this car from a friend of a friend. The 1995 Chevy Camero is terrific. Its fast, safe, and beautiful. Its V6 engine is powerful.

Great car
By James1548562 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

this is a great car, i have over 122000 miles on it right now, and have no plans of selling it,,,,the body and the inside of the car still look new, i change the oil at 3000 miles, and have only had 1 problem with it,,,, the starting switch that is mounted on the steering collum, back in the dash, were you can hardly reach the thing, it only cost me $17.00 so i cant complain,,, i would recomend these cars to everyone

1995 Camaro
By Ljlinhnl on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

People still love the way this car looks! This is arguably one of the best body styles ever made on any vehicle. Why the Mustang ever outlasted or outsold the Camaro is beyond me. In Hawaii, Southern California and now Arizona, this car has been a pleasure to drive. Mostly city driving by my wife, but the car has held up extremely well. I'd like to trade it for a new one, but unfortunately, there are no more Camaros. I've rented Mustangs, and they're not even close in quality or comfort.

LuvMyCamaro!
By SharynL26 on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

This is a truly GREAT automobile - reliable beyond any vehicle I have owned (which have been 95% General Motors!) We own all chevy's in this family, S-10 truck, other camaros, full-size Chevy Truck! This car went through some traveling in last year's horrendous winter and handled like a dream (of course one must know how to drive in the snow!) plus the best snow tires, but rear wheel drive only! LuvMyCamaro!!

Real Nice Lemon!
By pacificnw on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

We bought car at dealer with 56K miles. Soon after we bought, "check engine" light comes on. We were told tranny was bad. Had tranny rebuilt for $1100, but light still came on. After a year, car in shop total of 4 mo., 3 trannys, total of $2500, we got light to stop and quickly traded car in. After some research, found that is very common problem with mid 90's camaros. Tranny is a 4L60-E, and it throws the 1870 code which causes the check engine light to come on. Comfortable, fast, great sound system. Get the manual tranny instead. BTW, called original owner, he said light started coming on at 36K miles, he had also spent $3000 trying to fix!