1995 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Somehow i love it
By plsgofaster on 09/07/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

My dad gave me this car a year ago. Its performance isn't impressive 0-60. In quite a while (10.3 sec) it was comfortable until the padding "parted" around the frame of the seat. The build quality is sub-par the interior made of the worlds cheapest plastics is coming apart piece by piece. The power locks work 30% of the time the Windows barley work, but the engine keeps going. I'm getting 160 miles a tank the mpg is dreadful. Its expensive to insure because its a sports car even though it barley moves. However the exterior is a triumph in styling 10 out of 10. I cant explain why but I love this car and I love driving it. Maybe it's the t-tops.

This car is my baby
By Dr.Dave on 07/13/10 02:11 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I Read the reviews on the 1995 Chevrolet Z28 and I was pleased. I wanted to add my comments. I purchased my red/black Z28 brand new in 1995 with every option available. My Z is a blast I still own it and I love it just as much as I did back in 1995. I like all the American muscle cars myself, so I think it is preference and price of what you want to own. I think you get a lot of car for what you pay and the parts are cheap compared to my Cadillac DTS. These camaros are basic and easy to work on to a point. Very fun car for any night out, or just driving around. Very cool car and a head turner. I turn heads when I drive mine to this day, my z still looks new and I keep it detailed and garaged.

old man,younger days
By peter james on 06/04/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

for a sixty year old it brings back memories of graduation 1964 and hot cars,chevy was at the top of the list....with only 50k verified miles it was a very good buy for just under $5000.

Power to spare with 25 MPG
By glen on 05/21/09 20:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I am sixty years old and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Nice styling, class, economy etc.

My Aging Z28
By Bryan on 05/21/09 09:51 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Z in the Spring of 2003 from a young guy who was the second owner. I think he must have ran the heck out of this baby, but it rode good on the test drive and he kept it spotless. I have had it 6 years and put 75,000 mile on her. The body has help up nicely and it is a fun and powerful car. The oil pump quit working 3 days after I bought it and it spun a crank bearing. I had a new LT1 motor in it which has been outstanding so far. The transmission has some poor factory engineering however. My mech. tells me that there is a drum in the tranny made of aluminum that is too fragile to handle the high torque output of the car. Basically Z28=fun/looks/$$$. But I'm not complaining

Fun! Fun! Fun!
By I Love My Z 28 on 03/14/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I have owned this z 28 since new and could not bear to part with it. It's all black with the the black leather interior. I love this car but only drive it on weekends or sunny days. The only problem is with the Opti-Spark distributor, it has been replaced 3 times. The distributor sits under the water pump and shorts out if there is a leak. But I can accept that in a car that is this fun to own and drive!

My First Muscle Car
By Jack on 09/20/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I've wanted a sports car ever since I started driving at 16. Now I'm 19 and got my wish. The car is amazing! I love to put the top down and go to the beach. However, I'm really afraid of it. Everytime it rains I fishtail. I don't even have to go hard on the gas. I hate to drive it in the rain. The top doesn't leak but the seal around the driver window does and when I open the door water spills in from the top. When I bought it the compressor for the a/c actually smoked because it would run hot. My top also squeaks and the passenger window is slower than the driver. I get excited every time I drive it and am so glad I got it, even though it has horrible mpg and rising gas prices.

A true Beast!
By redz28boy on 02/13/08 12:19 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Man this car is hot. I bought the 5.7L V8 and it is fun to drive when it is no snow outside. Love the styling. I had a '92 RS w/ the 305, but after reading up on the LT1 I had to upgrade! Even though I'm a third-gen fan, I don't believe you could go wrong with these either. True American muscle! Great car!

I love this car!
By car_chick on 01/02/08 21:23 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for more than 8 years and loved every day of it. It got be through high school, college and after. It's a great car and I never spent enough money on fixing it to buy a new car that even came close to this. I took it to a reputible shop to have it maintained the way it should be and maybe more than necessary. I love my little Camaro, Thor. He stopped well and got up to go when needed. Driving on the highway in the spring or fall with the t-tops off and the windows down was amazing.

A true Beast!
By redz28boy on 12/16/07 23:53 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 10 months ago and I have been very pleased! I had a 92 rs Camaro with the 305 and this is a big step up. I put flowmasters on it to sound even more menacing. I love taking into open parking lots and lighting up the rear tires! If you ever have an opportunity to buy the lt1 or ls1, then I say go for it. Go Chevy!