1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
The wonders of a 1st car
By Gloveperson on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I just bought the Z/28, and it is my first car!!!!!! And what a first car!! Explosive performence, great looks, and the wonderfull rumble of an American V- 8. What more could a 17 year old male want??!? I bought it with 89,000 miles on it, but the previous owner took wonderfull care of it, so I have to do zero matinence. All around gorgeous. Chevy, listen. BRING BACK THE CAMARO!

Excellent Car for First Model Year
By Jerry Fox on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

The 1994 Camaro Z28 was a rocket from the start. Certainly I've taken very good care of it, but it hasn't had many problems, only very normal stuff. And it still looks NEW! For a "first model year car" it has been great and for the price, FANTASTIC! It did turn out to be the "poor man's Corvette"

Disappointed in Camaro
By Fabby on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Just bought the car and come to find that it need a distributor, which is $1000!! Chevy has a design flaw in the engine. The distributor is behind the water pump, what were they thinking? Terrible on gas, but hauls butt.

Great Car
By Maria Carmen Schmidt on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I was givven this car for my 40th. b- day, in '94 it was bran-new. I love my car it still looks bran-new people still ask me if i just got a new car and i tell them it's not new it's a '94. Extremely powerful!! Has a vette engine and handles like a dream. I would not trade it for anything.I've only put about $300 into it in the 9 years I have owned it, not including regular service. Love the sound of the exaust. LOVE THE POWER!!!! It gets great mileage for being a V8 about 25mpg. and it is very reliable, I have driven it to Mexico several times. I want to thank my husband for that birthday present it was the best present ever!

zed2k
By Zed on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Car is not running right now, but with 2,000 $ of engine repairs, it should be back to normal. (That would be taken off my selling price.) Assuming repairs are made, car is fun, extremely quick with no soup-ups, and a great color. Problems include the 103K miles on the car.

Best value in sports cars.
By bryrac on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Great looks and performance, better gas mileage than expected, and a great ride

this car is really good to drive
By laura on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

this car is fun to drive and very sporty without the hassle of the money issue!

CAMARO!!!!!!
By hourang on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

ONE bad azz car!!! too fast for my own good, plus i get 23 mph on the highway!!!!

gotta love chevy
By sharptech on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

The Z28 model of the camaro in 94 my year are by far the easiest to beef up and to race. Sure mustangs have a little syle but they are more show and no go. Camaro has the best of both worlds I think personally. The best part is being able to just mod the LT1 engines. My 94 Z28 runs 7.62 in the quarter mile without the 150 shot of N2O. Running just over 650 HP it's one of the fastest pro street cars I have ever owned. The only car that has touched this thing was the really modified Z06. Other than that these cars just rock.

Fun Car
By Bri on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Very satisfying car to own. Love the looks, sound and performance. Takes some getting used to at first, it's not a weak car that you can just floor in 1st & second gear. You can get sideways in a hurry (which is fun) especially if the pavement is cold or wet. You have to learn to roll into the throttle if traction is suspect. I use it as a daily driver in Michigan even in winter. I throw some winter tires on for the 3 snowy months and it does better than our front drive minivan.