Used 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Best Bang for the Buck
By sdtresa

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

If you want performance for your dollar this is it. Performs as well as cars costing twice as much. It doesn't pretend to be luxury in any way, it's purpose built.

Favorite Features

Power, Handling

Guy's let the finger from the V8
By D.

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I had this car for 3 month and lost almost $3000. Let built a used engine in they did't got it running right. Sold it for $1900 just to get rid of it. The V8 has alwys problems with the cooling, because is has only electric cooling. It works fine with a V6 and a stick shift does the speed. The V8 takes all place and the engine gets hot. Only one tip one of the fans is connected to the AC, so have the AC on at all times.

Best Bang for the Buck
By Roadwarrior1956

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car new in 94 and still love driving it, loud and fun to drive, still looks great and easy to modifiy. check out this site for info and upgrades http://www.f-body.org/

Favorite Features

Looks, power and handling

Suggested Improvements

The opticrap distributor is a fools design. I think GM should replace every 93-94 distributor for free (up grade to the 95 version. As for me I am converting mine to a distributorless version using LS1 coils and a kit from www.lingenfelter.com

The 94 Z28
By HMCRM

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

I have wanted a Z28 for a few years now, I have always liked how they looked, handled, etc. After having finally bought one I can definately say I wasn't wrong. The car is just gorgeous...everything in and about it just seems to be perfectly tuned. From the sport suspension to the engine and transmission, each piece of the car seems to fit perfectly together, giving it that American Muscle Car feel and performance. Out of everything I have raced with it so far, the only thing that could beat me was a 2001 Z28, so if you are buying this car to be the fastest you definately won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

The 5.7L V8 engine that cranks out almost 300HP. The sleek design of the body. The convinient locations of controls. The overall performance of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would suggest to change is get rid of the automatic transmission option. The only other thing would be a bigger engine like the Corvette 454.

Z-28
By Valerie

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

From the day the vehicle was purchased back in 1997 untill today 2003 we did not have any problems. If the regular oil changes and yearly check ups and brakes replacement don't count the car was never in the repair shop. One of the best vehicles we ever purchased. Still drives as the brand new.

Favorite Features

Under 2.0 rpm at 60 mph, stops on a "dime". Well designed look, road performance excellent.

Suggested Improvements

none