1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1994 Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Sort Reviews by

ouch
By steve bruni

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

i bought this car cheaply, as a project, but o boy. after spending $6000.00 in parts and repairs plus countless hours of my own labor, it is in the shop, 3rd one counting chevy dealer who could not find the cause of intermittent surging and stalling. after replacing every ignition part from the opti to coil plugs wires alternator on and on, when it runs its like a dream, but how many times can you go out and need a tow before you give up? if this guy can't fix it - he's had it for 3 days now, by tomorrow, I'm off to a dealer to lose thousands on a trade-in and buying a vette. at least when i blow my money I'll have a real car. by the way, this is my 6th and last-worst camaro. lol

Favorite Features

exterior styling, decent performance when running

Suggested Improvements

get rid of whole ignition and computer systems

LT1 Z28 a real performer
By mean green

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I own a second gen, a third gen. And this fourth gen z28 is by far the best performer. handling is great. dash components are turned slightly towards the driver for ease of use. front driver side provides comfort, but lets you know you are in a muscle car. the other seats well I wouldn't know

Favorite Features

LT1, good power lots of torque, handles very well

Suggested Improvements

I would leave it as is

No mechanical troubles for 136K miles
By BL

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Have owned car about 10 years. Maintaining it was key to trouble free operation, and keeping engine stock. Do service regularly, have fun with the power, but don't abuse it.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, and LT1 350 engine has old muscle car power, car really gets it's legs when on interstate at 75mph and above.

Suggested Improvements

Switches and some of the interior trim pieces that were replaced could be of better quality, but for being 14 years old they held up well.

'94 Z28 Convertible
By smanjoey

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Since I was 16 I wanted a Z28 and when I hit 21 I finally had the extra cash to do so. I couldn't be happier. This car is amazingly fun to drive and my wife loves it too! Not to mention I have the 1Le package so this thing is top notch wouldnt get rid of it for anything.

Favorite Features

350 cid V8, Set up of the console is ahead of its time in my eyes. Seats are more comfortable than the newest Vette. Great fun

Suggested Improvements

Only things that could be done are the opti spark distributor, room under the hood to work with, an worst of all the power window setup on the convertible kinda cheap like.

My Last Hurrah!
By Arlene Johnson

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I received this car in April of 1994 as a birthday gift from my husband. It was my 60th birthday and I wanted something sporty before I was too old to enjoy it. I have never been disapointed in its looks or performance. It drives like a dream, has a super motor, and great pickup. I have kept it garaged for all 13 years I have owned it. It still looks new and has only 78,000 miles on it. I truely am your little old lady with the cream puff car. I now need an SUV and so I am going to sell my litttle dream car. It is arctic white with a black top and custom beige leather interior. It is a 1994 z28 convertible with automatic transmission, V-8 engine, and loaded with accessories.

Favorite Features

The ease with which the convertible top goes up and down. The powerful v-8 engine that allows you to get on a freeway fast and makes you feeel safe. The way the back seat folds down and allows you to use it as cargo space. The trunk, though shallow from front to back, holds a lot because it is deep.

Suggested Improvements

When it rains you do have to be careful when you start out from a stop sign or it will fishtail on you. Also the headlights at night are not as bright as I would like them.

Pony killer
By mike

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

The car is very fast and fun to drive has a good exhaust sound and the interior is pretty sporty and built to fit. The normal maintenance like spark plugs and water pumps are very hard to do and the parts aren't cheap like normal Chevys. The traction control is non-exsistant. But I do like it a lot and I am truck guy.

Favorite Features

The horsepower with no upgrades. The styling and the sound.

Suggested Improvements

Better traction control. Easier engine access. Cheaper parts.

Surprisingly few problems
By SantaClaus

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Maybe I got lucky, but this car has been more reliable than just about any other I have owned. Almost 60k miles. The only thing I did outside of reqular maintenance (which is low) was replace the drivers power window switch.

Favorite Features

Topless driving.

Suggested Improvements

A radio volume control geared to changes in road noise would be great. The "stop" for the console lid should be reinforced.

very good car, excellent gas mileage,
By pedro

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

very nice style, grat gas mileage, fun to drive, some electrical problems with alternators.

Favorite Features

gas mileage 28.55 mpg on highway

Suggested Improvements

better upholsery quality