Life expectancy?
By CN on
1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback
I recently purchased 2door coupe from dealer. For the price and high mileage I consider the book value is on cue. However after a brief vehicle check I found to be the 11th owner. It tells me that 10 other people used this particular car for one year and put about the nominal 12 to 13000 miles on it. If it is such a nice car why did so many trade it in like a bad check? Anyhow it still needs work like the heat to be looked at. To my understanding the thermostat tends to be a major problem in this style of chevy. Perhaps this is a common thing if so then perhaps Cheverolet should have put a more proper stat to suit such a large sport engine.
Favorite Features
I like most features yet the power windows tend to slide up and down alittle sluggish as if the window levers to push them up and pull them down need to be oiled or checked but it's not a detriment to the operation of vehicle. I am impressed of the tightness and responsiveness of the engine. It's fast
Suggested Improvements
Make a better thermostat to handle 6 pack and therefore the engine will have better effiency. Right now the housing to mine is so rusted it can't be changed without proper equipment and a good mechanic who can keep from wrecking the housing or bolts to manifold.