Used 1993 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1993 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Life expectancy?
By CN

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

I recently purchased 2door coupe from dealer. For the price and high mileage I consider the book value is on cue. However after a brief vehicle check I found to be the 11th owner. It tells me that 10 other people used this particular car for one year and put about the nominal 12 to 13000 miles on it. If it is such a nice car why did so many trade it in like a bad check? Anyhow it still needs work like the heat to be looked at. To my understanding the thermostat tends to be a major problem in this style of chevy. Perhaps this is a common thing if so then perhaps Cheverolet should have put a more proper stat to suit such a large sport engine.

Favorite Features

I like most features yet the power windows tend to slide up and down alittle sluggish as if the window levers to push them up and pull them down need to be oiled or checked but it's not a detriment to the operation of vehicle. I am impressed of the tightness and responsiveness of the engine. It's fast

Suggested Improvements

Make a better thermostat to handle 6 pack and therefore the engine will have better effiency. Right now the housing to mine is so rusted it can't be changed without proper equipment and a good mechanic who can keep from wrecking the housing or bolts to manifold.

American Muscle
By apballin

1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

This car is awesome. Hit the gas and hold on. Bought the car with 89000mi. I have surprised new Chargers and Mustangs with LT1 power.This car will get sideways when you stomp the gas. Definitely a car worth purchasing. Funnest car I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

The sound. When you stand behind my car it sounds like a dog is growling at you. Then hit the pedal and it sounds like a beast. Turn the radio down and listen to the raw power!

Suggested Improvements

None

Clean Camaro
By mindi dimeo

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this vehicle used, re-painted to impove black sports car appeal. High mileage 120,000 - expected normal maintenance, brakes etc. Above that repaired many oil leaks - all minor problems, minimal costs - most major repair was alternator. Although you gotta love Chevy, purchased one from junk yard for $35 with lifetime warranty - still working now! Updated tires and wheels to 96 Trans Am style - most expensive addition, but improved look of car tremendously. Drives every day for personal and business use - has suprisingly high cargo capacity, excellant vehicle except in inclement weather.

Favorite Features

Body style - everyone thinks it"s a Vette. Very dependable and predictable low resale value - I think it's worth alot more than market depicts

Suggested Improvements

Top dash panel cracks on most models could use softer shocks more standard features

bring it back
By josh bardin

1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Z28 for almost 4 years and have 183,000 miles on it. The LT1 is so reliable. It still has original plugs,fuel filter,serp belt and hoses. I take care of the car but dont baby it-5000 rpm is pretty common. Burns no oil,but does leak a little-big deal- still beats almost any import on the road and still gets over 23 mpg at 75+mph. Toyota-like reliability.

Favorite Features

I have had my Z up to 152mph and still had a little more to go-and it is an auto trans car! Probably has 155-160 top speed. Enough to get ya in trouble.

Suggested Improvements

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU LISTENING GM??? I DONT WANT TO BUY A NEW MUSTANG!!!

The 1993 Camaro
By teucer

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

Bought my '93 Camaro at the dealership in which I worked in '00; the car had 64,000 miles on it. The car has a lot of low-end power, even in v6 form, because of it's OHV engine layout (now rare in a market dominated by OHC imports). Only repairs performed are replacement of ball-joints, tie-rods, etc. (usual in an older car, especially in New England). 40k miles later, it has definitely proven dependable. eople will tell you it's bad in the snow...those are the people you don't want to get in a car with. If know how to drive, you can drive a rear-wheel drive car in adverse weather; people forget that years ago RWD was the ONLY option available.

Favorite Features

Rear-Wheel-Drive ABS. T-Bar Roof, Integrated Rollbar. Power, v6 OR v8; Gobs of Low-End Torque. Terrific Engine Sound. Styling; Turns Heads. More room than one would expect; converts into a "Station Wagon" with rear-seats folded.

Suggested Improvements

Most drivers will fit comforatably in the car (I'm 6'3"), but passengers are a tighter fit; it's definitely a Driver Oriented Car! Gas- mileage is decent, but it's not a Toyota...but you knew that anyway, and you wouldn't be looking at a Camaro if you wanted an EconoCar!