1992 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Impressive

1992 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

RS 2dr Hatchback (3.1L V6 5-speed Manual)

Impressive
By Danger Mouse on

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new car purchase & I am very pleased with my decision. This F-Body Rocks!! The car has been great to me despite some hard driving on my part. I'd heard the 700R4 tranny might give me worries; to date I've had none. I've replaced the water pump, radiator (improper cap...my fault), alternator, starter, brakes (front-5 times, rear-once), oil pan (my fault again), hatch pull-down motor, 3 sets of tires & had to repair the instrument cluster once (speedometer was broken). The headliner is falling now; but all- around, not bad for nearly 13 years & 120,000+ miles! My daughter is looking forward to driving this car in two years. I'll probably still be enjoying the ride. :-)

Favorite Features

Low center of gravity straightens the corners! Aggressive steering feedback promotes race car feel. Install an after market exhaust & listen to this baby roar! A K&N filter on the intake end puts the fun in motion.

Suggested Improvements

Ram air induction would have been nice. Or at least take cooler inlet air from lower in the engine compartment like the '92 Ford Mustang 5.0. The arm rest compartment is hard to reach while driving. A small glove box under the huge dashboard would do nicely along with cup holders.