Used 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Not enought love
By dylsmi12

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Only time i would drive my 92 RS 25th ANV is during the summer, Hot, CLEAR, ttops out blasting doing down the road days. If it rains, windy, or just a bad road your just all over. i have orginally 168,005 miles as of today 12/4/12 I drive avr 3 thousand miles a month for my car i got it with 99k miles 8 years ago, it did not run uptil two years ago after putting 9 grand into it, and going to 6 different dealers. Now having electrical problems causing smoke to come threw my vents where NEITHER heat nor air work after fixing in the summer i get 10 in down, and about 18 on hyw. My mothers 2005 Ford Excursion Limited with a V10 4X4 gets the same amount in town and hyw if that tells you anything.

Favorite Features

Style, better the the 93 and up.

Suggested Improvements

A bunch! I will never buy any type of Camaro ever agian.

Bought it New in 92'
By Josh

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

5 Liter V8 in Purple Haze (yes that's the actual factory color) with T- Tops. Even at 3400 lbs, with 255/45/16s in the rea and 245/50/16s in the front, this car holds the road like few cars I've driven. Low center of gravity and fairly wide stance are likely the reasons. In original mint condition, and unique factory color, this car attracts a lot of attention... ...and buy offers.

Favorite Features

Last year of this body style. T-Tops are great (though storage for this year is a bag in the back that you put the tops into and strap down).

Suggested Improvements

Increased power, larger wheels, Xeon headlights. Not really fair though since there has been many years of automotive advancement since it was built.

Awesome
By CHAD

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Only had this car for one year and am in love with it. First muscle car and I am hooked. The 305 v-8 has enough power for the size of the car and plenty for me.

Favorite Features

T-tops, the new after market chrome rims I put on, the air induction hood, and the looks I get from other motorists when I fly past them!

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension, less creaks and moans from the car when driving. Other than that not to much.

Very good
By carol lewis

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This has been a very dependable and enjoyable auto to own and drive. Maintenance has been simple with few parts needing to be replaced. I really like the dependability with GM Engines. Timing chains sure are a step above belts, and I understand the 350 cc engines have a long life. The only downfall of the 92 Camaro is the gas economy. Itís been a joy to own.

Favorite Features

I enjoy riding with my hair in the breeze. The power is exhilarating. The ease of steering, even in steep curves is effortless, and fun. I love the power. The acceleration is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius. Leakage in the t- top even when replaced. Braking at higher speeds. Blind spot. Glove box.

The world looks better from a Camaro
By simplyEZB

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Camaro since I was 15. I bought it in high school, and will never part with it. It is the nicest car I've ever owned and the most eye catching. I've never even seen one on the road like mine. I own a 25th anniv. heritage edition. It is purple w/ silver heritage stripes. it has factory dipped chrome alloys, t-tops, tinted windows and a mean cat back exhaust. Everywhere I go I get looks and have people ask me if it's custom. I have found that it is one of the rarest color combos from 1992. There is nothing like seeing the world from the driver's seat of a beautiful, powerful Camaro with the t-tops off and the wind blowing.

Favorite Features

The paint job and the room.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are a little stiff.