Used 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

One of the best sport coupes ever
By NRGZ28

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for over 4 years now and I've enjoyed every day of it. I will never sell it or let it rot like others.

Design and interior!

keep your 4th gen...
By zerogsx

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Torque monster L98. Mine was a Heritage Edition Z28, Bright Red with Black stripes. One of the more timeless designs to ever come from an auto styling studio- though I'm not crazy about the hi-rise F40-style rear spoiler of 91-92. It was my daily driver for years and it only needed tires and a small oil leak fix covered under warrantee. No rattles/squeaks at all with subframe connectors and no t- tops. Iíve owned a total of 5 third generation FBodies and loved them all. Traded it in for a 96 Z28/SS 6-speed and regret every second of it (but I needed a manual transmission!).

No t-tops with L98 Z28s, (I hate 'em anyway), L98 performance, beautiful, clean, timeless styling. Late 92 F- Bodies used many leftover Corvette L98 parts.

No manual transmission with 5.7 (T-56 swap!). L98s run out of breath around 5000rpm- a few mods take care of that. Rain/Snow driving can scare the inexperienced. Heritage Edition is just a stripe package.

Incredible car
By nelsonds

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for over 4 years and have needed to do nothing but change the oil and put on new brakes. The 3rd generation body style is over 10 years old now, so a good-looking vehicle can turn a few heads these days. It might not be a technologically advanced as the new ones, but the 5.7 TPI will still rock your world when the foot hits the pedal!

Lots of horsepower, handling, braking power, and style! When you drive this car, you know you're not in an import - you can really feel the difference driving some pure American muscle metal. It's a constant thrill everytime.

Don't let GM put an end to the F-body vehicles! Let's keep the Camaros and Firebirds rolling for future generations to enjoy!

keep your 4th gen FBodies...
By zerogsx

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

345lb-ft L98 is a torque monster. Mine was a Heritage Edition Z28, Bright Red with Black stripes. One of the more timeless designs to ever come from an auto styling studio- though I'm not crazy about the hi-rise F40-style rear spoiler of 91-92. It was my daily driver for years and I didnít make a single repair, short of tires and a small oil leak covered under warrantee. No t-tops and aftermarket subframe connectors make the body as solid as an I-beam-- no rattles/squeaks at all. Iíve owned at total of 5 third generation FBodies and loved them all. Traded it in for a 96 Z28/SS 6-speed and regret every second of it (but I needed a manual transmission!).

No t-tops with L98 Z28s, thank God (I hate 'em), L98 performance (ran consistant 14.1's with just K&N's and subframe connectors at 50psi fuel pres), beautiful, clean, timeless styling. I don't know how magazines only got high 14's out of these cars? Check out www.thirdgen.org

No manual transmission with 5.7 (T-56 swap!). First mod should be welded subframe connectors-- they make a world of difference. L98s run out of breath around 5000rpm- a few mods take care of that. Rain/Snow driving can scare the inexperienced (Chicago winters in a Z28 build character!)