1992 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Not enought love
By dylsmi12 on 12/04/12 20:24 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

Only time i would drive my 92 RS 25th ANV is during the summer, Hot, CLEAR, ttops out blasting doing down the road days. If it rains, windy, or just a bad road your just all over. i have orginally 168,005 miles as of today 12/4/12 I drive avr 3 thousand miles a month for my car i got it with 99k miles 8 years ago, it did not run uptil two years ago after putting 9 grand into it, and going to 6 different dealers. Now having electrical problems causing smoke to come threw my vents where NEITHER heat nor air work after fixing in the summer i get 10 in down, and about 18 on hyw. My mothers 2005 Ford Excursion Limited with a V10 4X4 gets the same amount in town and hyw if that tells you anything.

Bought it New in 92'
By Josh on 04/04/10 18:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

5 Liter V8 in Purple Haze (yes that's the actual factory color) with T- Tops. Even at 3400 lbs, with 255/45/16s in the rea and 245/50/16s in the front, this car holds the road like few cars I've driven. Low center of gravity and fairly wide stance are likely the reasons. In original mint condition, and unique factory color, this car attracts a lot of attention... ...and buy offers.

Awesome
By CHAD on 04/28/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

Only had this car for one year and am in love with it. First muscle car and I am hooked. The 305 v-8 has enough power for the size of the car and plenty for me.

Very good
By carol lewis on 07/01/07 13:33 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

This has been a very dependable and enjoyable auto to own and drive. Maintenance has been simple with few parts needing to be replaced. I really like the dependability with GM Engines. Timing chains sure are a step above belts, and I understand the 350 cc engines have a long life. The only downfall of the 92 Camaro is the gas economy. ItÂ’s been a joy to own.

The world looks better from a Camaro
By simplyEZB on 04/30/07 13:04 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Camaro since I was 15. I bought it in high school, and will never part with it. It is the nicest car I've ever owned and the most eye catching. I've never even seen one on the road like mine. I own a 25th anniv. heritage edition. It is purple w/ silver heritage stripes. it has factory dipped chrome alloys, t-tops, tinted windows and a mean cat back exhaust. Everywhere I go I get looks and have people ask me if it's custom. I have found that it is one of the rarest color combos from 1992. There is nothing like seeing the world from the driver's seat of a beautiful, powerful Camaro with the t-tops off and the wind blowing.

25th
By 25th Ann. on 02/05/05 16:05 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I love my 25th anniversary Camaro. I like cruising around wth the T-tops off and the pedal to the floor. Ive had no problems with it since I bought it in '98 except for the brakes and tires that I'm a little hard on. I wish I had the money to do the car some justice and restore it to its prime.

Best car I've owned.
By Louie on 01/27/05 04:02 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

Brought it back in 94. Don't hardly drive it anymore, but starts everytime. Uses no oil even at 175,000. It's not been babied. Skipped oil changes, 15,000 once, hard driving at times, Would think nothing about buying it again. This is the 3rd one I've had in this style and my experince with them have all been the same. Wonderful cars to own . Gets 25 mpg,out of a V8. Everything still works on it, including AC(never recharged)even after 11 years. I've own a 99 TA also, but I think this is a much better car. Although slower and handles worst. I've had many offers trying to buy it from me, but it's like letting an old friend go. It's also got me there and never left me stainded.

Impressive
By Danger Mouse on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new car purchase & I am very pleased with my decision. This F-Body Rocks!! The car has been great to me despite some hard driving on my part. I'd heard the 700R4 tranny might give me worries; to date I've had none. I've replaced the water pump, radiator (improper cap...my fault), alternator, starter, brakes (front-5 times, rear-once), oil pan (my fault again), hatch pull-down motor, 3 sets of tires & had to repair the instrument cluster once (speedometer was broken). The headliner is falling now; but all- around, not bad for nearly 13 years & 120,000+ miles! My daughter is looking forward to driving this car in two years. I'll probably still be enjoying the ride. :-)

Martha's RS
By Martha Tate on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Very good expierence. No Complaints

Nothing ROCS your body like an F-Body!
By 3rd Gen F-Body Lover on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I just got my 92 Camaro RS w/Z28 handling pkg Bright red w/Flame Red Interior, on the 2nd of January 2004 (what a way to start the new year huh?). I've always wanted to own a Camaro. And was blessed with my car. I absolutely lover her she's awesome. The styling is fly, 20 bucks is a FILL UP using 93 Premium! Nothing like cruising with the t-tops off! I've heard for years HOW reliable Camaros and T/A's were...I've NEVER had to add a drop of oil to the car and I've had it for nearly 2 months! (I had the crankcase filled with Valvoline MaxLife the next week of ownership)