Used 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Peachy
By AllConfused

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my RS, rebuilt the 3.1 and had it bored over, replace the rear end, trans mount, fuel filter and was good to go. Wish the seats were more comfortable and that the tach and speedometer were switched around

Favorite Features

Styling, looks, appeal, power and common parts.

Suggested Improvements

Seating, interior space, dash cluster.

Great Car
By wes

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This car is great "cheap performance." It is a very reliable car. I have taken many trips in this car. One being almost 800 miles. the car ran great the whole way. I'm very pleased with owning this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature about this car is the handling around corners.

Suggested Improvements

More power

Great vehicle
By Erik

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1991 RS with the 305 V-8 from a private owner. Never seen winter except this year and had only 70000 miles. I really enjoy driving this car. It is not very expensive and you get a lot of power and performance out of it. The gas mileage is (in my opinion) the only really major flaw. I manage only 13 mpg on average, which is suburban driving. The quality of the ride is very nice even though it sits so low to the ground. The ride height can prove to be a problem due to bottoming out on pretty much anything, but careful driving helps to solve that. The t-tops leak but not too bad. only what would be expected. Overall this is a very nice ride and well worth the money.

Favorite Features

Power, ride height helps manueverability, cool design, nice wheels, and a very comfortable ride. Also the price!!

Suggested Improvements

Leaks in the t-tops can be a pain at times, and cold weather isnt good. Bad in the snow and rain

Tough car for the money
By toughcamaro91

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I got it with 104, 000, it hadnít been taken care of. It had sat for 2 years straight one time. it ran great, shifted strong, it was reliable, only had few repairs done to it, one was the valve stem seals which are notorious for going bad on these cars, all that does is cause it to blow a puff of smoke out when first started, it quits after that...only $170 to fix. Despite how hard I drove it, was extremely strong...later it developed major oil leak....sold it at 115,000 miles but it still ran great

Favorite Features

Highway speed ability. It would run 70 mph at only 1800 rpms...a blast to drive!!!

Suggested Improvements

Valve stem seals. It would be better if it had the tuned port injection istead of the throttle body injection. Interior accessories

Love My Camaro
By PONY H8R

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My camaro was my first car and it's been with me for years. While I have had some problems with it, (replaced window motor and A/Ctrouble), the car has been great. With 140,000 miles on it, she's still ready to get up and go. I don't know why people complain about gas mileage, I manage to get 25- 26 MPG consistantly on my V8, (that is with premium gasoline of course).

Favorite Features

I love the interior and of course the power...but most of all I love the sound. My Camaro's flowmaster system puts nearly any Mustang to shame.

Suggested Improvements

The automatic transmission can completely kill the power. It seems that when floored, the tranny will only drop into the appropriate gear half the time, the other half of the time it just stays in a high gear. My only other issue with this car...it doesn't have a single cupholder!!