Used 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Camaro
By carlover866

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I have drove this car to about ever state in us and put right around 325,000 miles on it and the only problem i had was the gas hand stopped working about a year ago it only left me sitting one time out of all the time i drove it and it was my fault (went to beach and ran out of gas)

Favorite Features

Beautiful style great performance for price and good gas mileage for 5.0 V8

Suggested Improvements

T-Tops leak, And dash in just about every camaro cracks

91 RS Fun to drive
By 13r4ndy

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my camaro about a year ago, and it is an amazing ride. Built like a tank, but drives ever so gracefully. Takes corners and curves like a pro at any speed!

Favorite Features

It hugs the ground when you want to make a sharp turn, I doubt these things could flip. Also the roomy seating area for the front!

Suggested Improvements

T tops seem to leak alot, and it stinks in the snow. Other than that the back seat could have a little more room. But hey I don't sit back there.

Best 1991 RS Camaro Ever
By Arctic White 91 RS

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

The RS is fun to drive. Has F41 suspension upgrade. Nimble and agile for a V8 car from the late 80's early 90s. Mine been super reliable. This car has been thru everything. Purchased the car new in May of 1990. Daily driver for 19 years. 308,500 miles. Original engine & tranny - no issues with either. Basic maintenance stuff, several alternators, one fuel pump, one water pump, one distributor. Brake pads, oil changes and that's about it. If you can find a well cared for one, the 305 TBI V8 cars make wonderful beater/daily drivers.

Favorite Features

Reliable, handling, styling & features. Avg 24-25 mpg my normal driving. Best ever 32.5 mpg highway.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power & less wind noise. Slow power windows.

I'm Lucky
By sand132

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Although I'm disappointed with the wimpy 305, I do enjoy the 28mpg on the highway, and it gives minimal problems for having 285k miles, hasn't broke down yet. I've been trying to blow the motor for the last 100k miles but I don't think it can run hard enough to hurt itself (saving up for an LS1)

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Improvements will come some day with a new engine/trans/rear and better brakes.

Lovely
By LordZamme

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car used for $850. Motor would not turn over. 3.1L with a 5 speed Had the motor rebuilt and .30 over. I have had replaced the $200 transmission mount, tires, fuel filter, fan relay, battery, computer, injectors and tires since I bought it. Going to replace the dash panel and seats next. New steering wheel to get rid of the airbag and fat steering wheel. Love this car!!

Favorite Features

Love the feel as you leave a stop light. Feel the power as you cruise down the street.

Suggested Improvements

Seats, good god! Im going to swap my seats out for a 4th GEN Camaro for comfort. Still can't road trip in the car because there is no leg room in the back. Wish they would have switched the RPM and Speedo guages around.