1991 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Peachy
By AllConfused on 11/23/07 11:20 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my RS, rebuilt the 3.1 and had it bored over, replace the rear end, trans mount, fuel filter and was good to go. Wish the seats were more comfortable and that the tach and speedometer were switched around

It depends on what you're looking for
By vikingjedi on 12/23/06 02:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Convertible

The 90's style Camaros look great, especially the convertibles. With a V8 engine rumbling it makes you feel like a king. No doubt about it, they are fun cars to drive. Looks can be deceiving though. The RS Camaros are not true sports cars. At 170 HP they are fairly slow. They aren't practical either. Poor gas mileage (around 20 mpg) and horrible handling in rain/snow make them very dangerous to drive for even the most experienced driver. Repair costs are through the roof for the older models, which is pretty frequent. A new convertible top will cost close to $1000 to get replaced which is usually necessary about every 5 years

can you say ZZZROOMMM
By Diane Roberts on 10/25/06 05:29 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Convertible

Wanna feel like a million bucks?? Drive this car for a while. It's build like a tank, heavy doors etc. but handles like a dream, hugs the road in sharp curves.

Great Car
By wes on 04/01/06 20:12 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

This car is great "cheap performance." It is a very reliable car. I have taken many trips in this car. One being almost 800 miles. the car ran great the whole way. I'm very pleased with owning this car.

Great vehicle
By Erik on 12/20/05 10:37 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1991 RS with the 305 V-8 from a private owner. Never seen winter except this year and had only 70000 miles. I really enjoy driving this car. It is not very expensive and you get a lot of power and performance out of it. The gas mileage is (in my opinion) the only really major flaw. I manage only 13 mpg on average, which is suburban driving. The quality of the ride is very nice even though it sits so low to the ground. The ride height can prove to be a problem due to bottoming out on pretty much anything, but careful driving helps to solve that. The t-tops leak but not too bad. only what would be expected. Overall this is a very nice ride and well worth the money.

Tough car for the money
By toughcamaro91 on 12/04/05 21:50 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I got it with 104, 000, it hadn’t been taken care of. It had sat for 2 years straight one time. it ran great, shifted strong, it was reliable, only had few repairs done to it, one was the valve stem seals which are notorious for going bad on these cars, all that does is cause it to blow a puff of smoke out when first started, it quits after that...only $170 to fix. Despite how hard I drove it, was extremely strong...later it developed major oil leak....sold it at 115,000 miles but it still ran great

Summer Cruiser
By This Car's a Keeper on 10/19/05 04:14 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

This is the best summer cruising car ever. It is not very practical for a daily driver as it is bad on gas and the top tends to leak. The body style is sweet. The car is super fast and very fun to drive. A real head turner

Awesome car.
By sully91rs on 09/24/05 05:25 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Convertible

I have a 91 RS with the 5.0 v8 (170hp, 255lb/ft) with an aftermarket exhaust, and it is extremely fun to drive. Camaros are popular cars, but there aren't a lot of good looking third gens on the road, adding to the fun of owning one.

Love My Camaro
By PONY H8R on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

My camaro was my first car and it's been with me for years. While I have had some problems with it, (replaced window motor and A/Ctrouble), the car has been great. With 140,000 miles on it, she's still ready to get up and go. I don't know why people complain about gas mileage, I manage to get 25- 26 MPG consistantly on my V8, (that is with premium gasoline of course).

bet you wish you had one!!
By zozsablink on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Any time it isn't raining or snowing, This car is breathtaking to drive! I've always called it my "affordable" sports car. Insurance isn't that bad, and gas miliage is around 13mpg. I get all the enjoyment of the most expensive sports car, but don't pay for it! (Besides, why would you spend $100,000 + for a Ferrari that can do 180? Where, honestly, are you gonna go that fast?) My Z is the love of my life!