Used 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My 1991 Camaro RS new toy
By frank1957

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I just broke into the Camaro family with the purchase of a 1991 RS this past weekend. So far so good and the original owner, a retired police chief took very good care of it. I am impressed with how solid it feels. I have loved the styling of this generation of Camaro for years and always described it as just "damn tough"! After many completely pleasurable hours of detailing and cleaning it from top to bottom, I have to admit it is looking hot. My day was made today when stopped at a traffic light and a pedestrian looked at it, gave me and the car a hearty thumbs up and said "Great car! I have one too!" With the T-tops out there is just nothing better than a Camaro. I am in love!

Favorite Features

The body styling is simply the best there is around and is ageless. I don't need a street racer but do love the throaty sound the engine makes. The interior is surprisingly comfortable and the layout is simple and to the point. I have no rattles or noises when driving and it feels very solid.

Suggested Improvements

None as the production of this car is in the history books. It is what it is and that is exactly why I bought it!

It's a fun car
By CAMARO

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

It's a very fun car to drive, except for the big front end makes it kinda hard to see when topping a hill. Fun to hot rod around in except for when its refueling time. LOL. I haven't had to do too much work. All I've had to do is replace trans, radiator, and sway bar links, oil, tranny fluid etc. But now it's time to replace the car its self, I got in a wreck and tore up the driver side fender and the front clip, and headlight mount. I'm looking for a new one, preferably 1989 to 1991 iroc or rs,

Favorite Features

T-tops (gotta have the t-tops), V8 engine, okay handling, good clearance

Suggested Improvements

bigger motor, little more leg room in back seats

The Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Gerry

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I had my RS Coupé built for me in 1991 (5.0 V8 with 5-speed manual - an NO T-tops!), and have been in love with Mr. Toad ever since. It was delivered with absolutely no defects, has never broken down, and has always been an absolute joy to drive, it drives like a go-cart, and, on one of my many cross-country drives, regularly turned out almost 30mpg ... not bad for a big lump of Detroit Iron V8 - and, despite its age, still has the beatings of most other cars on the road! Admittedly, I have "only" 139,000 miles on it, but that means I should still have another 19 years of life left in the engine & clutch before I need to replace them. My only problem has been the a/c unit developed a leak.

Favorite Features

Performance, timeless looks, build quality, durability, long-distance driving comfort, economy

Suggested Improvements

Oh, how I wish I hadn't let my (now ex) wife talk me out of buying a ragtop - the 1980-1992 convertible Camaros are among the most beautiful cars ever made!

1991 Camaro RS
By Charlie

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I Bought My Camaro about a month ago. I am a young guy so i look for more of a sporty car and the camaro has it ! i love the RS Body Package it sits low and i love the hatchback. overall i love the interior and exterior on it. haven't had any problems with the 3.1 6cyl but im gonna have to put a bigger engine in it later..OVERALL i say these camaros Look Great and are very fun to drive... NICE CAR!

Favorite Features

Exterior Body SHARP! Nice RS Wheels Sporty Looking Car!

Suggested Improvements

I Personally Wouldn't change anything about it really my only problem is that im 6'0 and kind of a bigger guy and it sits really low and i have a little trouble getting in and out of it but hey its worth it !!!

A Miracle Car!
By Linda

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

It's hard to describe just how great my '91 Camaro has been. She now has over 331,000 miles on her (amazing!), with the original engine. The transmission unfortunately had to be replaced at 324,000 miles. The first half of her life she commuted 110 miles a day in all kinds of Texas weather, but these days she is taking it easier. But I love driving her, no matter where! I love how she was always way ahead of the stretch when the red light turned green!! (And she can still do it after all these years!) And she's still so beautiful that people stop me to ask if they can buy her. No way! We will be together for keeps. I love my Camaro!!!!

Favorite Features

Looks, driveability, dependability, durability

Suggested Improvements

A cup-holder would be nice!