1991 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
My 1991 Camaro RS new toy
By frank1957 on 06/11/13 16:33 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I just broke into the Camaro family with the purchase of a 1991 RS this past weekend. So far so good and the original owner, a retired police chief took very good care of it. I am impressed with how solid it feels. I have loved the styling of this generation of Camaro for years and always described it as just "damn tough"! After many completely pleasurable hours of detailing and cleaning it from top to bottom, I have to admit it is looking hot. My day was made today when stopped at a traffic light and a pedestrian looked at it, gave me and the car a hearty thumbs up and said "Great car! I have one too!" With the T-tops out there is just nothing better than a Camaro. I am in love!

It's a fun car
By CAMARO on 04/11/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

It's a very fun car to drive, except for the big front end makes it kinda hard to see when topping a hill. Fun to hot rod around in except for when its refueling time. LOL. I haven't had to do too much work. All I've had to do is replace trans, radiator, and sway bar links, oil, tranny fluid etc. But now it's time to replace the car its self, I got in a wreck and tore up the driver side fender and the front clip, and headlight mount. I'm looking for a new one, preferably 1989 to 1991 iroc or rs,

The Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Gerry on 03/10/10 05:47 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I had my RS Coupé built for me in 1991 (5.0 V8 with 5-speed manual - an NO T-tops!), and have been in love with Mr. Toad ever since. It was delivered with absolutely no defects, has never broken down, and has always been an absolute joy to drive, it drives like a go-cart, and, on one of my many cross-country drives, regularly turned out almost 30mpg ... not bad for a big lump of Detroit Iron V8 - and, despite its age, still has the beatings of most other cars on the road! Admittedly, I have "only" 139,000 miles on it, but that means I should still have another 19 years of life left in the engine & clutch before I need to replace them. My only problem has been the a/c unit developed a leak.

1991 Camaro RS
By Charlie on 12/26/09 13:58 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I Bought My Camaro about a month ago. I am a young guy so i look for more of a sporty car and the camaro has it ! i love the RS Body Package it sits low and i love the hatchback. overall i love the interior and exterior on it. haven't had any problems with the 3.1 6cyl but im gonna have to put a bigger engine in it later..OVERALL i say these camaros Look Great and are very fun to drive... NICE CAR!

A Miracle Car!
By Linda on 06/25/09 04:49 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

It's hard to describe just how great my '91 Camaro has been. She now has over 331,000 miles on her (amazing!), with the original engine. The transmission unfortunately had to be replaced at 324,000 miles. The first half of her life she commuted 110 miles a day in all kinds of Texas weather, but these days she is taking it easier. But I love driving her, no matter where! I love how she was always way ahead of the stretch when the red light turned green!! (And she can still do it after all these years!) And she's still so beautiful that people stop me to ask if they can buy her. No way! We will be together for keeps. I love my Camaro!!!!

Camaro
By carlover866 on 06/05/09 22:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I have drove this car to about ever state in us and put right around 325,000 miles on it and the only problem i had was the gas hand stopped working about a year ago it only left me sitting one time out of all the time i drove it and it was my fault (went to beach and ran out of gas)

91 RS Fun to drive
By 13r4ndy on 03/28/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my camaro about a year ago, and it is an amazing ride. Built like a tank, but drives ever so gracefully. Takes corners and curves like a pro at any speed!

Best 1991 RS Camaro Ever
By Arctic White 91 RS on 02/12/09 06:19 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

The RS is fun to drive. Has F41 suspension upgrade. Nimble and agile for a V8 car from the late 80's early 90s. Mine been super reliable. This car has been thru everything. Purchased the car new in May of 1990. Daily driver for 19 years. 308,500 miles. Original engine & tranny - no issues with either. Basic maintenance stuff, several alternators, one fuel pump, one water pump, one distributor. Brake pads, oil changes and that's about it. If you can find a well cared for one, the 305 TBI V8 cars make wonderful beater/daily drivers.

I'm Lucky
By sand132 on 11/18/08 11:53 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

Although I'm disappointed with the wimpy 305, I do enjoy the 28mpg on the highway, and it gives minimal problems for having 285k miles, hasn't broke down yet. I've been trying to blow the motor for the last 100k miles but I don't think it can run hard enough to hurt itself (saving up for an LS1)

Lovely
By LordZamme on 02/09/08 13:18 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car used for $850. Motor would not turn over. 3.1L with a 5 speed Had the motor rebuilt and .30 over. I have had replaced the $200 transmission mount, tires, fuel filter, fan relay, battery, computer, injectors and tires since I bought it. Going to replace the dash panel and seats next. New steering wheel to get rid of the airbag and fat steering wheel. Love this car!!