Used 1990 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

best car I've ever owned.
By porksoda1

1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1990 Rs for $700, it had 190,000 miles on it and ran super strong. It was a 5.0 tbi automatic. I abused that engine and trans for 2 years straight ( racing, burnouts,horrendous over- revving) and it took it like a champ. The engine started to knock at 240,000 and it was replaced with a mildly built 350, and a T5 trans. This car now screams. I would recommend these cars to anyone that is looking for a cheap, fast, well handling car.

Favorite Features

I love everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

The stock 2.73 rear gear ratio wasn't great. An upgrade to the disk brake posi rear is much better.

High School Sweetheart
By rpthorp

1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z 2dr Hatchback

I drove a dark red 1988 Iroc-Z in high school. It was the greatest present a man could give to his son. She was strong, fast, powerful, loud and impressive. The 5-speed was matched beautifully to that 5.0 liter. We had a 3.73 rear end with full time posi. She got off the line like no other. I never had any issues at all with her. I damn near cried when I sold her.

Favorite Features

Transmission- shifter felt great in the hand, and the long throws made you feel like you were turning the world upside down with all that torque.

Suggested Improvements

Interior space- but it is a muscle car so no big deal.

Built to last*
By yoyoNvegas

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

Rs v8 5.0 L 5 speed manual trans. 177k miles I've had this car for 4 years. It's a very durable car! Its stuck with me through thick and thin ! Car runs at high temp at times. But nothing to bad. Always make sure to keep an eye on your front tires! The engine is very heavy! Wish the trunk didn't have a motor. And would lock manually.

Favorite Features

The exhaust flowmaster. The hatch makes my subs sound even better pioneer 2 12"s the easy to fix engine. The reclining rear seats

Suggested Improvements

wish the trunk didn't have a motor. and would lock manually =/.

best car
By woot

Sweet ride
By jderen

1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z 2dr Hatchback

The stock car has great handling and power. The interioe is well planned and the T-tops add the feel of a convertible without compromising the structural integrity of the vehicle. Almost infinite possibilities to make aftermarket improvements to the engine and suspension. Absolute best car for the money. With the right after market add-ons this car can run against any foreign or domestic sport ride.