2005 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
My new Jimmy
By Mike on 01/22/05 23:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just got a new '05 Jimmy. I knew what to expect because my buddy has one. Great truck on a solid frame, not unibody. Rides rough, but that was expected. Simple and functional styling. Not your import with toys and whistles that cause problems and $$ down the road. It should perform well down the road I think. The price in Canada is awesome, $6000.00 instant rebate. Comes with air, ABS all wheel disk brakes, full am/fm CD. V6 Auto.

CHEVY BLAZER ZR2 ROCKS!
By CHRISTOPHER MCGUIRE on 12/28/04 13:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

THE CHEVY BLAZER ZR2 IS BY FAR THE TOUGHEST VEHICLE I'VE EVER DRIVEN. WHO CARES ABOUT GAS MILEAGE I WILL NEVER GET STUCK IN THIS VEHICLE. iT MIGHT NOT BE A LUXURY VEHICLE BUT DAMN ITS COOL. BRING YOUR CRV OUT OFFRADING AND I'LL PULL YOU OUT WHEN YOU GET STUCK. cRV,ESCAPES HAVE NOTHING ON THIS VEHICLE....BRING IT!!

I like it
By me on 12/28/04 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The best truck on the trail

Blazer
By Howard Chevy on 11/27/04 23:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Chevy Blazer 2DR 2WD LS Manual. This thing is a mutant. It is a loaded out standard. The only thing I can say to Chevy about this pile of junk is : why are they making 2005's? I practically have to get out and push the thing up a hill. It goes from 0-60 in about 45 minuetes. There is just NO power behind it. Instead of miles per gallon the Chevy Blazer gets feet per gallon. It costs me aprox. $45.00 to go 250 miles. As for safety I give it 2 thumbs way way down. The windshield wipers don't go fast enough. I have almost lost control several times on the highway when i get hit by a crosswind. Don't get me wrong the Blazer is fun to drive.

3rd blazer
By Dean M Klepp on 11/14/04 13:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy the ride, My first was a 1994 4 dr blazer and then my second was a 1998 2 dr blazer and the performance of the 98 with the same motor ,,the 98 would have blown this one away,The pickup getting on a highway is poor compared to the 98,I enjoy the looks and im interested in posibly purchasing a new Blazer if you continue 2drs,i was told the ZR2 I bought was the last of the 2dr, Well seeing your coming out witha 2005 im still intersted, but the performance has to be increased, plain and simple 4wheelin is great but this motor is dragin. my only complaint.

REALLY NICE TRUCK
By mattCUBAN on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

NICE TRUCK i love it

Don't get stuck like me
By TonyTBone on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Although I currently own a 2002 Blazer, 4-door, I feel just I should warn potential buyers to stray away from this vehicle. I bought a 2002 Blazer brand new and the resale value is so poor I cant get out of it even to gotoa lesser valued car. Chevy is unwilling to negotiate a better deal for a different vehicle leaving me just plain stuck! I hate this vehicle and wouldnt wish its ugly interior looks and poor exterior styling on anyone. Its too bad chevy wont deal because I would dump it for a new vehicle in a second. Buyers beware, and stay away from the Blazer!

never own a chevrolet
By kathy lommler on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

constant major repairs. 4wdrive, hubs, universal joint, new rear end, on and on. only owner,gentle driver.worst car i ever owned. will never purchase a chevy again,including my children.

A great Suv
By campbell on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 blazer a month ago. its a fun suv to drive. I took it off roding the first day i bought it. It handles better than most of my viechels do going through creeks.