Used 2005 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Love a Chevy Blazer
By James

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a brand new 500 mile Toyota Celica on a used Blazer... its the xtreme package, I haven't ever regreted it, comfortable... very reliable, and honestly very safe. I have been rear ended twice once at around 10 mph the second time at around 25 mph, not significant damage to my Blazer. The motor like all of Chevy's are easily fixed, and most people can do it themselves with a good manual (unlike Toyota)... Overall they are not the fastest SUV's but they ride nice, few problems, no recalls on them! I think they are good vehicles for young adults who need something safe that looks nice, and they can dabble with... worked for me!

I have an Xtreme I would have to say my favorite part would have to be the ground effects, they are not over done like many of the Japanese cars, they add a certain flare to the truck, while not making it look like a Fast a Furious Knock off...

More horsepower, I believe that they need to bring back the motor and such from the GMC Typhoon, which was the fastest production SUV, be economical about it keep the special stuff to a minimum so as to keep price down, for the entry level consumer base... and fix the window seals, on my Tahoe!

Great vehicle for the money
By DebsWebWorks

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle despite all the negative review from family and I am happy with my purchase so far. Wish that I had gotten the 4- door, as the 2-door is a real pain with teenagers and kids getting in/out of the back for each ride, and wish it seated 5 instead of four.

4-wheel drive!

Add the capability to seat 5 persons; get rid of the spare tire on the back - it blocks my view!

2005 Trail Blazer
By Tom Crawford

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive. After having a Tahoe for almost a year I find the Trailblazer has more power and is just as comfortable as the Tahoe. It puts fun back into driving

Handling and acceleration

Trim needs improvement. Seat bolsters break loose as you slide out of the seat.

I drive on and like it
By billy bob

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's fun to drive. There's lots of noise from the plastic over time, but overall I'm happy with my truck. However, resale value is poor.

Front tow hooks

Build it more sturdy

Perfect Fit for people who want a truck
By My Name Goes Here

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I call this the last of the true trucks. Anything on today's market has been tuned to drive, handle, and ride like a car. Well guess what folks, this isn't a car. It's a truck, meant for the offroad, for plowing through muddy dirt roads and taking some abuse. My Blazer has handled everythhing I could throw at it with plenty left. Sure it has a couple of things that the dealer needed to fix, but nothing that was serious or even annoying to me as a driver/owner. In all the last of a dying breed (The Truck). Make sure to get one while they last!