2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Great vehicle for the money
By DebsWebWorks on 09/25/05 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle despite all the negative review from family and I am happy with my purchase so far. Wish that I had gotten the 4- door, as the 2-door is a real pain with teenagers and kids getting in/out of the back for each ride, and wish it seated 5 instead of four.

2005 Trail Blazer
By Tom Crawford on 09/20/05 00:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive. After having a Tahoe for almost a year I find the Trailblazer has more power and is just as comfortable as the Tahoe. It puts fun back into driving

I drive on and like it
By billy bob on 08/12/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's fun to drive. There's lots of noise from the plastic over time, but overall I'm happy with my truck. However, resale value is poor.

Perfect Fit for people who want a truck
By My Name Goes Here on 08/12/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I call this the last of the true trucks. Anything on today's market has been tuned to drive, handle, and ride like a car. Well guess what folks, this isn't a car. It's a truck, meant for the offroad, for plowing through muddy dirt roads and taking some abuse. My Blazer has handled everythhing I could throw at it with plenty left. Sure it has a couple of things that the dealer needed to fix, but nothing that was serious or even annoying to me as a driver/owner. In all the last of a dying breed (The Truck). Make sure to get one while they last!

S10 Blazer let down
By john on 05/15/05 07:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I went through serious and expensive front ball joint repairs and wheel bearings. Check engine light goes on and off for a shift code. It has very bad blind spots, and a very noisy ride. The truck needs a stronger front end.

This is a righteous car
By Austin on 03/31/05 18:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This has been so far the best car for the dollar that I have bought. The only complaints is the build quality is a little off. Lots of things on the inside rattle. The car almost killed me when something called a balancer came off of the engine. I lost power steering and my brakes. When into a ditch. That wasn't fun. But hey the airbag worked great. The engine thing was probably my fault because the weekend before I preaty much threw it off a cliff. Oh yeah did I mention it is an off roading beast? A bigger engine would be nice. But it has a great power to weight ratio

Cheap Thrills!
By RexTrader on 03/25/05 01:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It gives pretty solid performance out of a small SUV! The suspension is firm, like a 4x4 should be, and the brakes are solid as well. Ride height is high enough to simulate a full size Chevy! Conservative interior styling is very cool.

Cheap Fun
By Canuck905 on 03/01/05 11:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Blazer last fall. I needed an inexpensive 4X4 that could actually go off road. I have a 25KM drive into my cabin down a road which eats up Escapes and Toyota SUVs. Chevy Canada was blowing them out at $18,998 CDN (About $14,500 US at the time). I've had no problems at all with it. Is it small, outdated and gets lousy fuel mileage? Yup. Will It plow through 2ft high snow drifts, pull a 3500lb trailer, actually go offroad without getting stuck ? Sure does. Considering anything else on the market that would do what I needed was $12,000 to $20,000 more, It was a no brainer. If you're a soccer mom looking to cart the kids around town, look elsewhere.

Fun time in tuff little truck
By Lucie on 02/04/05 23:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have my 2nd ZR2 model. I love it. Of course the true ZR2 was Not made for luxury or comfort. It was made for 4 wheel drive fun. Not urban commute, car- pooling people that don't know what 4 wheel drive is about. Like remembering to lube the transmission, u joints,etc. Too many people buy these type of vehicles and don't know what they were intended for. To class it with some of these others is wrong. Yes, they are a dated style and as of this year will be no more They are cool, tough, & fun.

Love my Chevy truck
By roxsann on 01/26/05 15:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have ordered this truck twice. And I have had a great experience with it. I only drive Chevy trucks. THEY'RE THE BEST! I'm glad they will make them in 2005 because my lease is up soon and I plan on ordering another one.Need I say more?