Used 2005 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Her name is Betsy
By R.T.

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck a little more than a year and I love it. Yeah, it costs some money to drive, my 50000 mile trans service was ouch, but the 4 wheel drive, and feeling safe with my 3 yr old in the back is worth it. I didn't like the look of the 4 door, got the 2. Victory red. You know I've waxed, and keep the underneath clean, these last few winters.

The 4 wheel drive.

More horsepower please.

No Problems At All. Knock On Wood.
By Scaldy Dog

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My ZR2 has been great. Besides changing the oil, putting gas in it, and washing it, I've never spent a dime in repairs. It is reliable to cut through the worst of Minnesota winters that I've traveled through in the last 4 years. It's now Feb 2009 and I only have 1 payment left and I'm going to keep this truck for years to come. There is nothing like it now on the market in comparison. I haven't even put new brakes on, (I drive mostly highway miles). So wish me luck as I've had good fortune with this truck. Hey Chevy! Start building them, or something close to ZR2's soon!

The body style. The high clearance. And the big tires.

A bigger gas tank would be nice.

Top-notch North American SUV
By Walt Levesque

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The best mid-sized ol'school SUV in an up-to-date body style available new until 2005 being its last production year. Bought new Nov, 2004 and have driven just over 30,000 miles combined city, highway and off-road. Average 23 mpg hwy and 14 mpg city. No major snags other than: wipers intermittent function (changed wiper arm selector which contains resistors), steering box (seal leak), CD player (ate first CD played), engine thermostat (failed open, low temp) and poor park brake adjustment (partially stuck on). Currently empty-nesters who enjoy getting off the beatin' path on beautiful Vancouver Island and couldn't do it in confidence and comfort without our good ol' Chevy Blazer.

Excellent body style for 2 and superb 4 wheel drive operation and performance without requirement for after-market add-ons. Probably the best 6 cyl power plant available, albeit not the best fuel economiser (you can't beat the Chevy 350 cu in with 2 cyl's cut off). Take care of it and it will you.

None, as long as one's aware of its blind-spots. (rear tire mount) side mirrors and defensive driving work fine to compensate. Its fuel economy (don't buy an SUV if you expect to get 35 mpg), its maintenance requirements (follow recommended Chevy maintenance program and you'll avoid potential probs)

Handling issues
By H. Wiebe

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my ZR2 Blazer for 21 months. It is a comfortable vehicle in the city and in the country. It is ablsolutely terrible on the highway. It has no tolerance to a gusty cross wind. It goes all over the road. I believe the problem to be the tires. I am getting the published fuel mileage however it doesn't come close to my '89 S-10 which also had a 4.3. I would think the Vortec 4.3 should get better mileage than a throttle body 4.3.

Looks. It is a sharp looking vehicle and great in town especially in winter and on ice.The auto-trac transfer case is the answer. Its an easy vehicle to park as it has a very short turning radius.

Tires, better anti-sway design

Just what I needed.
By Robert D. Crawford

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with this vehicle. I notice on the internet it did not get good reviews. I do not know why? Is is much better then the Ford Explorer. More power at start up and on Highway. Smooth ride-handles well- good springs. On the front ceiling has some good storage and the dial setting for garage doors and lights and temperature and direction. it has everything I need. I do not need fancy wood on the dash or any of the other things which are high priced and do nothing for what is important in a vehicle. It is simply great. I am very happy that I purchased this SUV.

Springs, height of SUV. IT suites me. Stereo sound.

Needs an ashtray and lighter. The back spare tirer does block the rear view. This is my only concern.