2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Great vehicle!!!
By taidif on 01/13/14 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Fleet Rwd 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have an 2005 Blazer and I haven't had any problems with it! It's my first vehicle and I love it! Has plenty of power, reliability and there is no rust at all!! I have 160000 thousand miles on it and it drives like it's an brand new vehicle. I think the reviews are a little off because this vehicle has no problems at all! I recommend this vehicle to anyone!

Great SUV for single guy.
By J.POWERS on 05/15/10 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Blazer in April, 2009 with 56,000 miles. Now it has 81,000 miles on it. Have no complaints. I love the 4.3 L vortec v6 and 4-spd. At with od. The body & interior are great. I don't have many riders in back seats, so I flip them down for excellent cargo space. I live at the beach, but travel to the n. C. Mountains frequently. My Blazer does everything I need and more. All accessories work great, and the ride is good. I love the ride height, the acceleration, the ease of parking, etc. For a person looking for an average SUV without the high price tag and high insurance rate, this is a good choice. There is nothing bad I can say about my Blazer. I am very pleased with it.

My Baby
By R.T. on 06/08/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just love it. Wanted a Blazer 16 years ago, but bought an s10 truck instead. The s10 went almost 200,000k, hope I have that luck again. Knock on wood, no problems as of yet. All regular main. Has been done, including killer 4x4 trans service and differential at 50,000. Try to keep it spotless, hard when on the jobsite, though.

GOT BLAZER?
By Artemus on 04/19/09 11:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love it. Great in snow, like how it looks, rides well. Acceleration is lacking, heavy vehicle, needs chip, and exhaust, [aftermarket], for 40+ horsepower gain. Mines red, waxed, and ready.

Her name is Betsy
By R.T. on 02/21/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck a little more than a year and I love it. Yeah, it costs some money to drive, my 50000 mile trans service was ouch, but the 4 wheel drive, and feeling safe with my 3 yr old in the back is worth it. I didn't like the look of the 4 door, got the 2. Victory red. You know I've waxed, and keep the underneath clean, these last few winters.

No Problems At All. Knock On Wood.
By Scaldy Dog on 02/08/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My ZR2 has been great. Besides changing the oil, putting gas in it, and washing it, I've never spent a dime in repairs. It is reliable to cut through the worst of Minnesota winters that I've traveled through in the last 4 years. It's now Feb 2009 and I only have 1 payment left and I'm going to keep this truck for years to come. There is nothing like it now on the market in comparison. I haven't even put new brakes on, (I drive mostly highway miles). So wish me luck as I've had good fortune with this truck. Hey Chevy! Start building them, or something close to ZR2's soon!

Top-notch North American SUV
By Walt Levesque on 01/16/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The best mid-sized ol'school SUV in an up-to-date body style available new until 2005 being its last production year. Bought new Nov, 2004 and have driven just over 30,000 miles combined city, highway and off-road. Average 23 mpg hwy and 14 mpg city. No major snags other than: wipers intermittent function (changed wiper arm selector which contains resistors), steering box (seal leak), CD player (ate first CD played), engine thermostat (failed open, low temp) and poor park brake adjustment (partially stuck on). Currently empty-nesters who enjoy getting off the beatin' path on beautiful Vancouver Island and couldn't do it in confidence and comfort without our good ol' Chevy Blazer.

Handling issues
By H. Wiebe on 11/30/06 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my ZR2 Blazer for 21 months. It is a comfortable vehicle in the city and in the country. It is ablsolutely terrible on the highway. It has no tolerance to a gusty cross wind. It goes all over the road. I believe the problem to be the tires. I am getting the published fuel mileage however it doesn't come close to my '89 S-10 which also had a 4.3. I would think the Vortec 4.3 should get better mileage than a throttle body 4.3.

Just what I needed.
By Robert D. Crawford on 11/24/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with this vehicle. I notice on the internet it did not get good reviews. I do not know why? Is is much better then the Ford Explorer. More power at start up and on Highway. Smooth ride-handles well- good springs. On the front ceiling has some good storage and the dial setting for garage doors and lights and temperature and direction. it has everything I need. I do not need fancy wood on the dash or any of the other things which are high priced and do nothing for what is important in a vehicle. It is simply great. I am very happy that I purchased this SUV.

Love a Chevy Blazer
By James on 11/16/05 03:05 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a brand new 500 mile Toyota Celica on a used Blazer... its the xtreme package, I haven't ever regreted it, comfortable... very reliable, and honestly very safe. I have been rear ended twice once at around 10 mph the second time at around 25 mph, not significant damage to my Blazer. The motor like all of Chevy's are easily fixed, and most people can do it themselves with a good manual (unlike Toyota)... Overall they are not the fastest SUV's but they ride nice, few problems, no recalls on them! I think they are good vehicles for young adults who need something safe that looks nice, and they can dabble with... worked for me!