Used 2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Great SUV for single guy.
By J.POWERS

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Blazer in April, 2009 with 56,000 miles. Now it has 81,000 miles on it. Have no complaints. I love the 4.3 L vortec v6 and 4-spd. At with od. The body & interior are great. I don't have many riders in back seats, so I flip them down for excellent cargo space. I live at the beach, but travel to the n. C. Mountains frequently. My Blazer does everything I need and more. All accessories work great, and the ride is good. I love the ride height, the acceleration, the ease of parking, etc. For a person looking for an average SUV without the high price tag and high insurance rate, this is a good choice. There is nothing bad I can say about my Blazer. I am very pleased with it.

Favorite Features

4.3L vortec V6. 4-spd. AT w/ OD. Ride height and size. Tough chassis and drivetrain. Uniroyal liberator A/T's. Acceleration. Body style might be old, but I still like it. Cargo size with rear seats down.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!

Just what I needed.
By Robert D. Crawford

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with this vehicle. I notice on the internet it did not get good reviews. I do not know why? Is is much better then the Ford Explorer. More power at start up and on Highway. Smooth ride-handles well- good springs. On the front ceiling has some good storage and the dial setting for garage doors and lights and temperature and direction. it has everything I need. I do not need fancy wood on the dash or any of the other things which are high priced and do nothing for what is important in a vehicle. It is simply great. I am very happy that I purchased this SUV.

Favorite Features

Springs, height of SUV. IT suites me. Stereo sound.

Suggested Improvements

Needs an ashtray and lighter. The back spare tirer does block the rear view. This is my only concern.

Love a Chevy Blazer
By James

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a brand new 500 mile Toyota Celica on a used Blazer... its the xtreme package, I haven't ever regreted it, comfortable... very reliable, and honestly very safe. I have been rear ended twice once at around 10 mph the second time at around 25 mph, not significant damage to my Blazer. The motor like all of Chevy's are easily fixed, and most people can do it themselves with a good manual (unlike Toyota)... Overall they are not the fastest SUV's but they ride nice, few problems, no recalls on them! I think they are good vehicles for young adults who need something safe that looks nice, and they can dabble with... worked for me!

Favorite Features

I have an Xtreme I would have to say my favorite part would have to be the ground effects, they are not over done like many of the Japanese cars, they add a certain flare to the truck, while not making it look like a Fast a Furious Knock off...

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, I believe that they need to bring back the motor and such from the GMC Typhoon, which was the fastest production SUV, be economical about it keep the special stuff to a minimum so as to keep price down, for the entry level consumer base... and fix the window seals, on my Tahoe!

2005 Trail Blazer
By Tom Crawford

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive. After having a Tahoe for almost a year I find the Trailblazer has more power and is just as comfortable as the Tahoe. It puts fun back into driving

Favorite Features

Handling and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Trim needs improvement. Seat bolsters break loose as you slide out of the seat.

I drive on and like it
By billy bob

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's fun to drive. There's lots of noise from the plastic over time, but overall I'm happy with my truck. However, resale value is poor.

Favorite Features

Front tow hooks

Suggested Improvements

Build it more sturdy