2005 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Great SUV for single guy.
By J.POWERS on 05/15/10 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Blazer in April, 2009 with 56,000 miles. Now it has 81,000 miles on it. Have no complaints. I love the 4.3 L vortec v6 and 4-spd. At with od. The body & interior are great. I don't have many riders in back seats, so I flip them down for excellent cargo space. I live at the beach, but travel to the n. C. Mountains frequently. My Blazer does everything I need and more. All accessories work great, and the ride is good. I love the ride height, the acceleration, the ease of parking, etc. For a person looking for an average SUV without the high price tag and high insurance rate, this is a good choice. There is nothing bad I can say about my Blazer. I am very pleased with it.

Just what I needed.
By Robert D. Crawford on 11/24/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with this vehicle. I notice on the internet it did not get good reviews. I do not know why? Is is much better then the Ford Explorer. More power at start up and on Highway. Smooth ride-handles well- good springs. On the front ceiling has some good storage and the dial setting for garage doors and lights and temperature and direction. it has everything I need. I do not need fancy wood on the dash or any of the other things which are high priced and do nothing for what is important in a vehicle. It is simply great. I am very happy that I purchased this SUV.

Love a Chevy Blazer
By James on 11/16/05 03:05 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a brand new 500 mile Toyota Celica on a used Blazer... its the xtreme package, I haven't ever regreted it, comfortable... very reliable, and honestly very safe. I have been rear ended twice once at around 10 mph the second time at around 25 mph, not significant damage to my Blazer. The motor like all of Chevy's are easily fixed, and most people can do it themselves with a good manual (unlike Toyota)... Overall they are not the fastest SUV's but they ride nice, few problems, no recalls on them! I think they are good vehicles for young adults who need something safe that looks nice, and they can dabble with... worked for me!

2005 Trail Blazer
By Tom Crawford on 09/20/05 00:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive. After having a Tahoe for almost a year I find the Trailblazer has more power and is just as comfortable as the Tahoe. It puts fun back into driving

I drive on and like it
By billy bob on 08/12/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's fun to drive. There's lots of noise from the plastic over time, but overall I'm happy with my truck. However, resale value is poor.

Blazer
By Howard Chevy on 11/27/04 23:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Chevy Blazer 2DR 2WD LS Manual. This thing is a mutant. It is a loaded out standard. The only thing I can say to Chevy about this pile of junk is : why are they making 2005's? I practically have to get out and push the thing up a hill. It goes from 0-60 in about 45 minuetes. There is just NO power behind it. Instead of miles per gallon the Chevy Blazer gets feet per gallon. It costs me aprox. $45.00 to go 250 miles. As for safety I give it 2 thumbs way way down. The windshield wipers don't go fast enough. I have almost lost control several times on the highway when i get hit by a crosswind. Don't get me wrong the Blazer is fun to drive.

3rd blazer
By Dean M Klepp on 11/14/04 13:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy the ride, My first was a 1994 4 dr blazer and then my second was a 1998 2 dr blazer and the performance of the 98 with the same motor ,,the 98 would have blown this one away,The pickup getting on a highway is poor compared to the 98,I enjoy the looks and im interested in posibly purchasing a new Blazer if you continue 2drs,i was told the ZR2 I bought was the last of the 2dr, Well seeing your coming out witha 2005 im still intersted, but the performance has to be increased, plain and simple 4wheelin is great but this motor is dragin. my only complaint.