Used 2005 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Great vehicle!!!
By taidif

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Fleet Rwd 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have an 2005 Blazer and I haven't had any problems with it! It's my first vehicle and I love it! Has plenty of power, reliability and there is no rust at all!! I have 160000 thousand miles on it and it drives like it's an brand new vehicle. I think the reviews are a little off because this vehicle has no problems at all! I recommend this vehicle to anyone!

Favorite Features

Power, Durability, Power-train, Comfort, Body style,

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage, Back tire on rear tailgate (optional), More room for people,

Great SUV for single guy.
By J.POWERS

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Blazer in April, 2009 with 56,000 miles. Now it has 81,000 miles on it. Have no complaints. I love the 4.3 L vortec v6 and 4-spd. At with od. The body & interior are great. I don't have many riders in back seats, so I flip them down for excellent cargo space. I live at the beach, but travel to the n. C. Mountains frequently. My Blazer does everything I need and more. All accessories work great, and the ride is good. I love the ride height, the acceleration, the ease of parking, etc. For a person looking for an average SUV without the high price tag and high insurance rate, this is a good choice. There is nothing bad I can say about my Blazer. I am very pleased with it.

Favorite Features

4.3L vortec V6. 4-spd. AT w/ OD. Ride height and size. Tough chassis and drivetrain. Uniroyal liberator A/T's. Acceleration. Body style might be old, but I still like it. Cargo size with rear seats down.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!

My Baby
By R.T.

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just love it. Wanted a Blazer 16 years ago, but bought an s10 truck instead. The s10 went almost 200,000k, hope I have that luck again. Knock on wood, no problems as of yet. All regular main. Has been done, including killer 4x4 trans service and differential at 50,000. Try to keep it spotless, hard when on the jobsite, though.

Favorite Features

In the snow,this things king.Also breaks well for heavy vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously it was last year for mine.

GOT BLAZER?
By Artemus

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love it. Great in snow, like how it looks, rides well. Acceleration is lacking, heavy vehicle, needs chip, and exhaust, [aftermarket], for 40+ horsepower gain. Mines red, waxed, and ready.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, its like a snowmobile in heavy snow, won't do anything you don't want it to do.

Suggested Improvements

It was the last year for it,obviously no improvements.

Her name is Betsy
By R.T.

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck a little more than a year and I love it. Yeah, it costs some money to drive, my 50000 mile trans service was ouch, but the 4 wheel drive, and feeling safe with my 3 yr old in the back is worth it. I didn't like the look of the 4 door, got the 2. Victory red. You know I've waxed, and keep the underneath clean, these last few winters.

Favorite Features

The 4 wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower please.