2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2004 Blazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Sort Reviews by

A Good SUV
By Eric Green

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The ZR2 suspension is the best I have used from a stock SUV. The vehicle has a slight tendency to oversteer on gravel or snow, but the base width lets you carry the slide an recover easily. The mileage for an SUV is average and the interior has some cheaply made plastic moldings, but just look at the exterior style. It is a great looking SUV. The 190 horses from the 4.3l V6 is not the greatest derived power from a modern internal comb. engine, but the gear ratio provides some awsome torque. For a 4850 lb vehicle it can pull just 150 lbs under its gross weight.

Favorite Features

On the fly 4wheel drive. Stock stereo. ZR2 suspension. Head room. Balanced weight for slide recovery. Style

Suggested Improvements

Plastic moldings stink. New cooling system with a turbo-charger. Better boot window opening button. Dent resistant doors. Addition of some carbon fiber to remove some of the weight. Continuation production of the brush guard option.

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS
By GemballaCaymanGTR400

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

So far no problems. Nice SUV. Excellent ride, performance, fuel economy. If you do the service when its supposed to be done then your blazer will last forever.For all you Blazer owners, just remeber these few words. Respect the Blazer. They have been making these great vehicles for about 50 years. Treat it like you would treat your child. I wash mine 4 days a week. bring it to the park 2 days a week. when she needs love i give it to her. she treats me well so I treat her well. she is my pride and joy.

Favorite Features

4.3ltr V6 Turbo Vortec. 360RWHP. Eibach Sportline Suspension. Stock Wheels but with Continental ContiSport 2 SUV (European Model)

Don't buy
By fran

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased and as I was leaving the lot I found out it had no power! (windows, seats, doors)Cost $32,000. I had to have the brakes replaced at 1000 miles they were all rusted out. The rear seat I was told seats 3 accross. It seats 3 very small adults squished. It would seat 2 adults across. It has many blind spots, this surprised me because of how high it sits. It handles well on snow/ice in 4wd. this is not a on the fly switch however.

Favorite Features

Cup holders between seats

Suggested Improvements

Power is not an option for door/windows on vehicles anymore.

Should Have Been Better
By William Goulding

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This Blazer 22000 miles on it. The grill bowtie bad had to be replaced the fuel tank over flow tube pinches replaced right front axle needed repair the rear window trim both left and right had to be replaced because of bad paint the water thermostat stuck open and needed to be replaced.

Favorite Features

The exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Better performance, They could have put the turbo charged4.3 engine this sport suv. The build quality could be better and the interior design could have been better.

Super Blazer
By Eright

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Blazer that I have owned. I found them to be reliable, and easy to maintain. I have had no major repair work, in fact other than an alternator on the other Blazer after 150,000 miles. Currently other than tires and general maintenance (oil changes, tires, wipers, there are no problems. What a super truck.

Favorite Features

Seating arrangements, cargo space, CD player, overhead consoles, and body style.

Suggested Improvements

Better hood release inside switch. Better floor mat designs to keep the mats in place. The rear window wiper needs to cover more area. gas mileage could use a little work, but on the road at 25 mpg is not bad.

Surprisingly Good Truck
By Cori Martin

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I got this truck almost 2 years ago and am still in love with it. I normally wouldn't buy a Chevy, but was taken by a black Trailblazer with chrome rims, on the car lot. I thought I was going to end up with it, but it drove like a station wagon (yuk)and was very uncomfortable. I took the Blazer ZR2 out and knew instantly it was the truck for me. This is a TOUGH truck! It is an absolute beast in the snow/rain. It's one of the pricier vehicles I've had, at $32,000. Sometimes I'm even shocked at the price when I think about this little American made truck, but it's definitely been well worth it.

Favorite Features

31" tires, very comfortable interior, tight steering

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Car for the money
By LP

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Took the SUV on a mountain road with lots of snow. We were the first ones on the road. It was awesome. The car climbed the steeps very well and did a u- turn with ease. One the way down, the car geared down low enough so we didn't even need to use our brakes. What a fun car.

Favorite Features

4X4

likeable
By asdfasdresdasdf

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The only complaints I have are that the passenger in the front has a huge hump just in front of the seat where there feet go, and it is very distracting. The other complaint would be the gas mileage...ouchy

Favorite Features

powerful engine, and many options available

Suggested Improvements

seating area

Blazer review
By Paul Wright

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this vehicle. It has run great and is very comfortable for an SUV.

I love my chevy blazer
By raymond ashcraft

2004 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

this is the most comfortible ride that i have owned. we are very happy with our purchase. it is as close to a caddy in ride smoothness as i want. it is very stylish and durable.

Favorite Features

push button 4x4, tinted windows, auto audio, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

GAS milage! and safty ratings! that is the only complaint i have.