2004 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Love it!!
By bfamily2 on 10/28/11 09:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Love our Blazer, it has survived: front collision, hitting a tree, then the tree falling on it, hulling trailer loads of wood, pulling rocks and stumps, getting stuck in the snow to the point the front bumper was ripped off. We have the opinion that you buy a vehicle to serve you and this SUV has taken everything we have had to offer just fine. After everything it is still our main vehicle 2 car seats fit pretty nice in the back (you can’t put the front seat all the way back). The interior doesn’t stain or scratch very easy. We do a lot of traveling and we feel very safe in it. We are excited to see how many Blazers make it well past 200,000 miles, we will be keeping ours.

You Get What You Pay For
By BlackKnight on 07/20/10 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

There is a reason that the 04 Chevy Blazer is affordable and that is due to the reliability of it. The style remains unchanged as you are unable to tell an 04 from a 2000. I've had to put brakes numerous times, ball joints, engine sensor (2x), oil coil line, smell on anti freeze despite no leaks, leak on driver side floor. In addition the 4WD switch went out and apparently that is fairly common as well. I perform regular maintenance but after purchasing in 06 with 25K miles on it, I have estimated that I have put close to $3000 in repairs, parts, and labor. That is conservative. The trade in value is horrible and I will need to keep it until the last loan payment to get money in trade

ZR-2 is made for ANYTHING!
By Ferris777 on 11/18/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Whether its hot and humid or snowing inches at a time, the ZR-2 Blazer is made to have fun and look good doing it. After owning some jeeps here and there I found out that while the off road performance was outstanding the crudeness of the ON road and the lack of comfort and features was too much to stand. The ZR-2 offers the best of both worlds. While providing confidence on the trails, the interior and suspension will take care of you on the way there. The seats in the back can be set down allowing for huge cargo space...and as the owner of a English Mastiff...I need it. If your looking at a small, fun to drive SUV that will last a long time, the check out the ZR-2...I think you'll like it.

A Well Proven Durable Truck based SUV
By Garth on 07/12/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Chevrolet based this compact SUV on their S10 pickup. This means that it is a truck based SUV which is some what of a rarity in today's world. The down side is that this adds weight but to me, I plan to own this truck for a long time and the frame offers some great jacking points. The power trane is based on the Chevrolet 350 V8 minus 2 cylinders so the basic design has millions of development miles under its belt. From a service stand point, the push rod motor eliminates the need to replace a cam belt which is an expensive requirement on many of its competitors. The automatic transmission offers electronic control which helps with drivability. The truck is a proven design which I prefer.

Good Value Especially When Used
By Stape on 05/28/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is quiet and comfortable. The front bucket seats are soft and very comfortable. GM improved the engine design over the years and my 04 has port fuel injection which helps the throttle response and mileage. Power is adequate. The 4 speed auto tranny is well proven being developed in 1997. It has electronic control. I added a tranny oil cooler to extend life. The car has good visibility. I am impressed with the under carriage fiber glass covers, which will be useful for keeping snow off critical parts although they will not offer the protection of steel components. The Billstein shocks are outstanding! Front brakes with ceramic pads and dual piston nice with ABS! Average stereo. Buy!!

solid
By busdt on 03/21/09 05:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a very reliable truck. Great in bad weather and off road driving. The cargo space is nice with the seats down.

HOOD
By BOB on 03/06/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 Blazer used and I love it, the beefy tires and the fold down seats are great, I got a manual trans and I love it shifts smooth and the 190 hp isn't to bad either.

Go Chevy! It's your birthday!
By Soulfinger on 10/25/07 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd vehicle ever and my first chevy and suv. I am so pleased with this vehicle i have considered moving into it. Its the perfect size for someone like me afraid of bigger SUVs (for now anyway). Its very hip and stylish inside and out. I got a great deal on it. Like I said i have never driven a Chevy but i am confident in thier quality and dependability. I am a happy Blazer owner and would serioulsy recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a fun and reliable suv.

Shocked it was made by Chevy
By Xtreme Blaze on 07/13/07 18:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I was surprised Chevy could pull something like this out of their minds. I enjoyed it from the second I drove it off the lot. Driver functions in ease with radio station changing to finding a spot to park.

A Good SUV
By Eric Green on 05/12/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The ZR2 suspension is the best I have used from a stock SUV. The vehicle has a slight tendency to oversteer on gravel or snow, but the base width lets you carry the slide an recover easily. The mileage for an SUV is average and the interior has some cheaply made plastic moldings, but just look at the exterior style. It is a great looking SUV. The 190 horses from the 4.3l V6 is not the greatest derived power from a modern internal comb. engine, but the gear ratio provides some awsome torque. For a 4850 lb vehicle it can pull just 150 lbs under its gross weight.