One Of The Best SUV's Ever Made.
By K to the L on
2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)
This is the first Blazer I ever owned, however I've been around numerous Blazers throughout my life, and they really are good solid SUV's. I do agree that ever since the Trailblazer came along the Blazer is not respected the way it was back in the day, and it still should be. The engine and drivetrain are tough and were tuned for truck work. If you are looking for a reliable, dependable, solid, smooth running vehicle that has 4-wheel drive with a low price, the Blazer deserves a test drive. I probably would have purchased the Trailblazer since it is a bigger vehicle, however I don't care for the Vortec 4200 aluminum inline-6 as I feel that it will not hold up as good over time as the 4.3 does
Favorite Features
First,the Vortec 4300 is a great, solid, durable, and reliable motor. It is nice to have a motor that has an iron block, and heads instead of the new Vortec 4200 all aluminum crap. The pickup is nice, rides smoothly, gas mileage is decent, and 4-wheel drive in the winter is a real plus.
Suggested Improvements
It would be nice if Chevy added more standard features to the Blazer trims. Such as standard power front seats, keyless entry etc. It seems that once 2002 Blazers came around the extra option availability decreased, due to the Trailblazer coming into the picture.