Used 2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Love my Blazer
By MoBeau

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV because I needed something to tow our boat. I used to say that I never wanted an SUV. I have been pleasantly surprised and I now love this vehicle. It gives such a great ride. It makes my life easier with the convenience and flexibilty of the fold down seats with the 4 doors. I like riding higher on the road - it makes me feel like I am more in control

Pop up window and drop down tail gate - flexibility!! Also, I am glad that I got the 4 door.

The inside is kind of cheesy. My parents have a S10 Crew Cab with the same interior - sort of. There is the same panel but mine had buttons their's doesn't and vice versa. The interior dash area looks a little cheap. There's a lot of plastic inside the vehicle.

Great vehicle for the money!
By Blazer248

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

So far this has been a great vehicle to own! Minor annoyances like chipping paint on the radio, and a piece of molding above the windshield flying off. I have not yet had a mechanical problem with this vehicle at all!

My sunroof! Love it!! I also like the cup holders (including the ones on the door), and the overall set up with the console.

The ability to get a more premium sound system, and OnStar.

Mine is a lemon
By jrb1958

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in July 2003. Has been in the shop 3 times for water leaks. Carpet was replaced. Found 9 body seam leaks. repaired found new body leak, repaired. found another leak repaired. Rained last week had a gallon of water come out of the headliner. Drivers window fell out of the track while driving and fell inside of the door. Grease fittings on steering linkage installed backwards could not grease. Has a ton of rattles and noises in the interior. Drive train? a lot of vibration, Just hoping I can get GM to give me something to replace it. I've been driving GM products for 30 years but this one is making me wonder why.

stereo and control locations. sunroof bodystyle

Hire workers who don't do such a poor job of assembly.

I love my Blazer
By RAY RAY

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I hear alot of negative comments about the Blazer. I love it. It is American and I do believe that it is extremely comfortable. It seems that since the Trailblazer came around, it is not respected as it was. We LOVE it...would not trade it for the world!

Remember your first Tonka Truck ?
By nevadaheat

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Remember your first Tonka Truck as a child ? This truck is that little kids fantasy come to life ! It goes through snow like it wasn't there. It rides decent for a truck but has a few blind spots with the rear door tire and back seat headrests.(when no one is in the back seat I put the headrests down to improve visibility - it helps!) The gas mileage is rough and one of my side mirrors had a stress fracture but service has been quick and courteous at the dealership. I was very dissappointed with the trade-in value after only one year as I would have liked to upgrade to a 2004 model of the same truck.

It is FUN to drive. Easy to get in and out of,as I have limited mobility. Lots of room for sports equipent, gardening supplies , groceries or whatever. Nice sound system !

Better visibility out of the back window, better gas milelage,needs a plastic moulding strip on the back tailgate as the tire rack needs to be completely open or the edge of the tailgate can get chipped when you lower it.