2003 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Trailblazer?????
By kellimojo on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 of these Blazers. The first one was a 1999 and had to let go back with my ex husband because of a divorce. I now own a 2003. I love these vehichles. I can't believe Chevrolet wants me to pick, when it is time to trade, on a boxy, overpriced TrailBlazer or the inferior and ugly Tracker. I looked at the TrailBlazer and I could not believe the price tag on this thing. I usually trade every 2to4 years and am a die hard Chevy buyer. I have owned 5 S-10's. From what I have seen, the Jeep Liberty will be my next pick.

Long Live Blazer
By BGNK on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer with a Tahoe package and I love it. This vehicle has 165000 miles on it and refuses to die. t burns very little oil at first start up after it has been sitting but other than that it's fine.I have the high performance engine which has 200 horses and 260 torque and it pulls a 4100 pound boat at 70 with very little trouble.That is in overdrive.The only trouble I had with it was when I had to have the transfer case rebuilt, but it was worth it.It gets between 16 and 19 mpg in town and 17 to 24 on the highway depending on how you drive.

ZR2 Blazer
By tornado on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Horrible vehicle!! It's been in the shop 7 times in the last 8 months, 6 for the same HVAC problem and once due to a transmission casing issue. Customer service in 3 states has been horrible, the customer service line provided in the manual is of no help. I'll never buy another Chevy vehicle again!!

1998 LT 4 Door
By TJT1963 on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 1998 Blazer LT 4WD that I bought used with 59,000 miles. The drivetrain is terriffic! It pulls my 4300 lb. boat/trailer plus equipment with not nearly the strain one would think. It uses absolutely no oil whatsoever even after 5000 miles. The drivetrain really is A1! I have the metallic silver paint job and it is flawless. The stereo is awesome. Cons? I've had to replace the ball joints, u- joints, water pump, front right bearing assembly, driver's power window motor. The interior plastic trim pieces could be of higher finish quality and are rather brittle. The front end styling could be more attractive.

Beautiful!!!
By Dave245 on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new blazer I couldnt ask for more!

Blazer - ZR2
By blazZR2 on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This was a great car, although - there was a problem with the door on the passenger side - as I found in my last Chevy vehicle where the door seems to split from the frame and the window rattles.. which is very annoying. Otherwise, it has been a great car.

2003 Blazer
By trhall17 on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a 2000 Grand Am GT to the Blazer and what a difference!!!!

You made a mistake
By GMC on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Sorry to tell you this, but your Jimmy/Blazier will cause you nothing but headaches.. My wife has a 98 Jimmy with endless problems and has already rolled it due to its narrow design. I am sorry you spent alot of money on this SUV. We did too! and the resale value has dropped or dumped from $33000 new to 13000 in just 5 years! Lots of problems that the dealer refused to fix under warrenty. Had to threaten to sue to get it fixed... I hope you GMC works out better for you then ours did.. Bought a Honda Pilot... Best desision we ever made. and resale is going to be great too.. goodluck

Great for the Michigan roads
By Joecool200 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love this SUV! The road noise, there is none! The power is great and it never feels like its straining. Its fast and can pull out of sand and snow drifts like a jewel! This car is the best!

Fine for the money, but could use work
By MDE on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Decent enough gas mileage for an SUV. Good power, but not great. The main problems with this SUV are its extremely narrow stance, when compared to its height and length. When passed by a large truck, this vehicle will shimmy and sway on the road - something the newer Explorer doesn't do. Very scary. Also, if you have to brake suddenly, this vehicle tends to veer. Definitely a very high center of gravity, even for an SUV. No sudden movement feels safe. It's a decent low-end SUV but careful how you drive it!