2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
angry and bitter
By angry and bitter on 09/04/07 21:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Used '03 Blazer has one issue after another since purchase over a year ago. I had to replace a ball joint, ignition switch,and now the mass air flow sensor after being tested for hesitation when accelerating. This does not include many minor repairs. These are just the most costly. I understand wear and tear, but this is ridiculous. Problems that just baffle me are the passenger seat belt doesn't clip every time you have to push in button. That to me is a major red flag for safety. The driver's seat won't tilt forward anymore. After about three months the cd player quit working. I was told by GM that it will be cheaper to replace. I think it will be cheaper to replace the car than parts!

What's up with the front end?
By Nicole on 08/21/07 16:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am a tractor-trailer driver not speed racer.I bought used with 51000mi,clean title,1prv.own,and had to have the cd player fixed upon purchase,(broken again, junking rather than fixing it again.)Owned since thanksgiving 06 and had 5 alignments done on it(no worn or broken parts found,no pothole hit)torsion bars realigned to normal height 2x, my tires were brand new 11/06!Now I need new ones, I cannot drive through construction zones and must dodge any and all imperfections in the road or pay for another alignment. Thankfully I never planned on driving it off road.Should have kept my 91 Blazer, never a single prob-and i learned to drive on it!

Getting Disgusted
By Christine on 06/23/07 15:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Blazer new. I liked the 4x4 look to it, and wanted another SUV. I have had to warranty replace the CD player. Also warranty work on stabilizer bar. My exhaust also kept running after I shut vehicle off. Dealer finally fixed. Water leakage in rear side windows, repaired once, just started leaking again now in"07. Water runs all across header and drips all over inside rear. Oil cooler lines also were leaking, water pump too, and ball joints. Luckily this was all repaired under warranty. The carpet wore through just after one year by the gas pedal. I have driven two Jeep Cherokee Sports before this purchase, never had any problems. Will probably not buy another Chevy SUV.

Chevy Blazer
By docock on 11/15/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

All in all it is an OK SUV. I wouldn't purchase another one. The inside of the vechicle is not big enough to haul or carry enough people if you have to use car seats. It is not a family SUV. The gas mileage is terrible. I have to fill up the tank once a week just for grocery shopping and taking the kids to school.

Chevy Blazer LS 4x4
By Phil G. on 09/17/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've got about 45,000 on this SUV with no problems. It's the most functional vehicle I've ever owned. The interior is not trendy but very driver-friendly. The size is great, not as big as my wife's new Trailblazer, but big enough to seat 4 with ease with plenty of cargo room. The truck frame and engine, the Vortec, make it less refined but more durable than many of the newer SUVs. It's great in the snow, and there's enough muscle in the engine to handle passing on the interstate. I've been thinking of trading it in on a newer SUV, but it's hard to find anything I like better. I also like the styling, it's big but not imposing.

Not a bad SUV for a beginner
By Tim on 08/28/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 32k miles. In stock configuration it is a dog. After installing new exhaust, cold air intake and using a Hypertech programmer, it runs much better. Quite a bit of body flex when offroad on moderate to easy 4x4 trails. Decent clearance. Limited modification potential due to offset of wheels. Very comfortable on and off road ride.

I like it
By BlazerinMT on 04/23/06 09:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 16,000 miles on 2/04, I now have 62,150 in 4/06. A little over 45,000 miles in 2 years with no major problems! Replaced ball joints 1X, a fuel filters 2x's, that's it! Runs great, looks good and really great for getting the kids and all their stuff places.

One Of The Best SUV's Ever Made.
By K to the L on 12/30/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Blazer I ever owned, however I've been around numerous Blazers throughout my life, and they really are good solid SUV's. I do agree that ever since the Trailblazer came along the Blazer is not respected the way it was back in the day, and it still should be. The engine and drivetrain are tough and were tuned for truck work. If you are looking for a reliable, dependable, solid, smooth running vehicle that has 4-wheel drive with a low price, the Blazer deserves a test drive. I probably would have purchased the Trailblazer since it is a bigger vehicle, however I don't care for the Vortec 4200 aluminum inline-6 as I feel that it will not hold up as good over time as the 4.3 does

If the gas didnt go up!
By BIGGUY on 10/19/05 00:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This SUV is great and if the gas price didn't go up I... ,but while I could drive it I had a ball. The style is very macho and the vehicle really sat in the road when passed by a 18 wheeler ( which isn't very offen

Solid truck SUV
By Eric on 10/11/05 15:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my Blazer for just over a year and put 12,000 miles on it, no real complaints thus far. It actually rides quite nice considering the old chasis, and the cabin is very quiet on the highway. If you buy one, accept that you are buying a truck, not a Rav4 or CRV. The good news is it can handle truck-type work and moderate off-roading without a problem. I have a rare 5 speed model, my only complaint that it tends to grind 2nd until the fluid has warmed up. I've also had it leak water twice on me - I chalked it up to not closing the sunroof the first time, but if it happens again its going to the dealer.